Profile for SammyBebb > Reviews

Content by SammyBebb

SammyBebb

InterDesign Blumz Large Sink Mat, Clear
InterDesign Blumz Large Sink Mat, Clear

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and good value when I've always paid much more ..., 15 Sep 2014
Beautiful and good value when I've always paid much more for the same thing on the high street! Has stained quite easily though, but to be fair that may be due to colours of my cooking ;) I'll buy the item again.

Creation Station Wooden Lower Case Letters
Creation Station Wooden Lower Case Letters

5.0 out of 5 stars These are exceptionally good value for money and are brilliant for teaching your ..., 15 Sep 2014
These are exceptionally good value for money and are brilliant for teaching your little one letter formation, sounds, recognition, spelling, etc. I'm in the process of making mine a little initial letter sounds/picture game using them...they are brilliant. Why did I never see them used in school???

Tefal FV5370G1 Aquaspeed Ultracord Premium Steam Iron
Tefal FV5370G1 Aquaspeed Ultracord Premium Steam Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 22 May 2014
With a mountain of girls' clothes, mostly dresses which are often a nightmare to iron, this iron has made my life so much easier! It works like a dream and is very comfortable to use. I will iron up to two hours at a time as I tend to do bulk ironing when it appears that there's not much left in the wardrobe! This was horrendous when I owned my pathetic little Hinari, but now, I glide and even though ironing will never be a joy to my soul, the results definitely make me smile and feel quite proud ;)

Cartoon Cool: How to Draw TV's Retro Style Characters
Cartoon Cool: How to Draw TV's Retro Style Characters
by Chris Hart

4.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 24 Jan 2012
Bought this book for nephew who is studying art. It was a lovely little Christmas gift. He has already made use of it

The Remains of the Day
The Remains of the Day
by Kazuo Ishiguro

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought to tears for the right reasons., 5 May 2011
This review is from: The Remains of the Day (Paperback)
Wow! My husband had been going on at me for ages about reading this one! Glad I did. If you want to be blown away by a narrative that is beautifully clever, funny, deeply moving and profoundly memorable, this is it. I darn near broke my own heart at various points when Stevens, the main character, is emotionally exposed. Wait until you get to the sentence towards the end of the book when they meet, after Miss Kenton expresses her thoughts about the choices she has made and her wondering about their life together - had they had one! It is like Stevens is born and regret doesn't even suffice. The relationship between him and Miss Kenton is definitely weep-worthy! You want to jump right into the narrative (this is what makes it real for the reader)and shake Stevens into acknowledgement of what he feels but won't allow himself to feel or even realise. What is dignity? If only Stevens had allowed himself to breathe for himself; think for himself; live, even partially for himself... There is so much in this book. It has got to be one of the best modern day classics of our time.