Profile for John Wright > Reviews

Content by John Wright

John Wright

LiveNow!TV
LiveNow!TV

3.0 out of 5 stars It worked fine, but the hotel's internet connection wasn't up to ..., 29 Sept. 2015
This review is from: LiveNow!TV (App)
While in Egypt I wanted to watch the England World Cup game, and the hotel wasn't showing it. This app seemed the idea solution. It worked fine, but the hotel's internet connection wasn't up to streaming the match, so I still didn't get to see it live. A useful app if you get a strong connection and want to watch tv on the go.

Nameless
Nameless

4.0 out of 5 stars A detailed modern fairy tale., 4 April 2015
This review is from: Nameless (Kindle Edition)
A flawed hero, a dreadful monster, a lovely woman in danger, this is an intricately plotted novel which is typical of this American genre. It is well structured, with an amazing amount of detail which is designed to make us believe in these improbable events.

My Man Jeeves (Classics To Go)
My Man Jeeves (Classics To Go)

4.0 out of 5 stars Downton It Ain't, 13 Feb. 2015
Good to re-read this. Wonderful sense of humour. Think Downton with laughs.

[2 Pack] TECHGEAR® Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 7.0 inch (2nd Gen/2012 Edition) ANTI GLARE / MATTE LCD Screen Protector With Cleaning Cloth + Application Card (NOT FOR KINDLE FIRE HD 7" (3rd GEN), OR ALL-NEW FIRE HD 7 (4thGEN) RELEASED OCTOBER 2014!)
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Expectations too high, 14 Dec. 2013
I purchased this as I found it difficult to read my Kindle in bright sunshine on the beach, as the reflections kept catching my attention and distracting me from my reading. I'm not sure that this has reduced the glare and reflections enough to overcome the problem. I thought it would provide a matt finish to the screen. It has certainly reduced the annoying reflections, but it doesn't seem to have stopped them as much as I'd expected. Maybe my expectations were too high.

The Idiot Government Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Satirical Comedy) (The Idiot Reviews Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever concept, 14 Dec. 2013
This is a clever narrative device, though the humour is sometimes forced because the stories are being told by the central characters. The satire is sharp and focussed and, in these times, much needed.

100 Greatest Short Stories
100 Greatest Short Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Something to dip into and re-read, 14 Dec. 2013
This is a fine selection of short stories, though some of them are more like novellas (not that this is a bad thing). It's good to have so many authors' work in one collection.