Profile for Alun Williams > Reviews

Content by Alun Williams

Alun Williams (Anglesey)

The Lost Symbol: (Robert Langdon Book 3)
The Lost Symbol: (Robert Langdon Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars long winded but a great read., 23 Aug. 2013
It's a very long read but once into it it's hard to put it down. It's the usual Dan Brown suspense.

Draper 89333 Electronic Safe
Draper 89333 Electronic Safe

4.0 out of 5 stars Draper safe, 19 Feb. 2013
I have now had this safe for a while and it seems to be ok, the door lock and keyboard are made of plastic so it looks a bit flimsy. As to how burglar proof it is I can't comment, but it is a handy box to lock your precious items in other than having them in a drawer.

Understanding Close-Up Photography
Understanding Close-Up Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Close ups, 19 Feb. 2013
I am new to macro and close up photography so this book gave me a good insight into this section of photography. It also gives good advice on what equipment you need.

Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4
Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Boxed Set, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Feb. 2013
Excellent books for understanding the full range of digital photography. The books are well laid out with good photographs. I bought the Kindle issue.

100 Ways to Take Better Nature & Wildlife Photographs
100 Ways to Take Better Nature & Wildlife Photographs
by Guy Edwardes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 6 Jun. 2012
One of the best books on photography that I have bought. Fantastic pictures and excellent and very useful tips. Recommended

Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap
Black Rapid RS-7 Camera Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Accessory, 19 April 2012
I use this with my two Canon cameras a 7D and a 5D Mk2 sometimes with heavy lenses. It makes carrying heavy cameras and lenses comfortable and available. Get one if you are carrying equipment around all day.

WD My Book Studio 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive with Metal Enclosure
WD My Book Studio 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive with Metal Enclosure

1.0 out of 5 stars WD My Book Studio 2TB, 5 April 2012
I purchased this item on the 23/01/12 and set it up and it worked perfectly well. I then went abroad for six weeks which meant the unit was not in use, when I returned and switched it on it would not power up. I got in contact with the seller who basically palmed me off and told me to get in touch with the manufacturers. I sent WD an e mail stating my problem and after two weeks I am still waiting for a reply from them. I also phoned their support in Holland and was told that they would send me a new power unit, I am still waiting for it. My next step is to get in touch with Amazon. Be wary if you intend to purchase one of these because if something goes wrong with it you will face an uphill struggle to get it sorted.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2014 12:49 PM GMT

Tamrac 5585 Expedition 5x Backpack - Black
Tamrac 5585 Expedition 5x Backpack - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Tamrac 5585 5X Backpack., 7 Nov. 2010
I am reasonably pleased with the item. I have a Canon EOS 7D fitted with a 24 - 105 Zoom lens which it accommodates comfortably and there is plenty of room for extra lenses and much more. The bag has good padding which gives good protection. There is a compartment for a laptop in it and if you are purchasing it for this reason, which I did in part, be careful, I have a 12" SCREEN lap top and it will not fit, you need to measure the overall length of the laptop and not the screen,this must be 12". The advert states that it will accommodate most 12"Laptops but it does not tell you how to measure it. I bought this item through Amazon from Morris Photo and they were very prompt with their delivery and the item was well packaged.

Photoshop Elements 7 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
Photoshop Elements 7 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby

5.0 out of 5 stars Elements7 Book for Digital Photographers, 14 Oct. 2009
Great book. Very easy to follow with down to earth explainations. I have had other Elemenet books but this is the best yet.Photoshop Elements 7 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)