Profile for Debra Peirce > Reviews

Cream S size COUBI ROUND plastic planter pot, 2 litre, 8 colours
Cream S size COUBI ROUND plastic planter pot, 2 litre, 8 colours
Offered by Lotex24

5.0 out of 5 stars very good plant pots for the money, 3 Oct 2013
I do like the pots and the colours they look great and, though I haven't done it, would probably be great to jazz up with paints.
I did take note of the sizing and looked at a ruler to gage the size. They were much bigger than I anticipated. I did a bit of swapping and problem almost averted. Other problem was the cost of packing which proved to be far too big for the items and very expensive. I don't think I really noticed as I had ordered other items. I also thought I had put in for an order of 3 cream and 3 coffee but only got one of each. Probably the total cost through me because I was expecting more pots.
I can not fault the product which is why I gave 5 stars.

Talbot Torro Sportline Family 4 Player Badminton Set - Red/Black/White
Talbot Torro Sportline Family 4 Player Badminton Set - Red/Black/White
Price: 38.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Badmington set and ready to go., 23 Sep 2013
I read many reviews of sets then took the plunge and went for this one as it seemed the best value for money. It proved a big hit at our BBQ. I was looking for something that would engage young and old where they could all have fun. It worked a treat. It was only out of commission when food was served or all the shuttle cocks had been hit over the fence.
The net was huge and seemed to get lower as the games progressed, I don't know why but we were not worried. The guy ropes I hadn't anticipated and proved a bit awkward. Would certainly recommend getting more shuttle cocks. Every one had mixed reviews on which racket they preferred but the fact there were 4 meant it would engage more people for longer and no one got left out for long. Good exercise and good for hand to eye coordination. Something that will be used again and again not just a one off thing.

Breyer B8252 Traditional 1:9 Scale Breeds of the World Arabian Horse
Breyer B8252 Traditional 1:9 Scale Breeds of the World Arabian Horse
Price: 18.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Arab, Breyer breeds of the world, 23 Sep 2013
The Arab has to be the most famous breed in the world and one of the oldest. This sculpture certainly captures the elegance and beauty of this breed. I wasn't so keen on the pose, tail one side and the head turned the other as it makes it more difficult to position this sculpture for maximum effect. The colouring on the body is not as realistic as on the other sculptures but as it is it is still superior to other horse sculptures on the market so quality for the price is very good. I'm very picky about my horse sculptures and this is very pleasing.

Breyer Gallery Collection Breeds of the World Mustang Horse Model
Breyer Gallery Collection Breeds of the World Mustang Horse Model
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 15.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Mustang, Breyer breeds of the world., 23 Sep 2013
Being an American company they will obviously choose the home breeds to highlight first. The Mustang horse is world famous and known for fiery temperment and its strong, robust qualities which come out very much in this sculpture. Probably not the prettiest sculpture but accurate and true to the breed. As with about 95% of Breyer products this has great attention to detail and I love this collection they have created.

Breyer Gallery Collection Breeds of the World Clydesdale Horse Model
Breyer Gallery Collection Breeds of the World Clydesdale Horse Model
Offered by D&S Retail Ltd
Price: 15.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Clydsdale, breeds of the world, 23 Sep 2013
I love Breyer horses. They have a lovely quality and so much better than the fake looking Barbie horses or some of the ornaments you can buy that have very little resemblance to horses. I love this new line that Breyer have done. Their other lines are very much something that can be played with but these are very much cabinet pieces ands as ever have a lovely realistic quality to them. The Clydesdale looks every bit as magnificent as the real horse and is well painted. I like these far more than some of the Beswick or other collectables for the attention to detail and finish. I would love to collect the others that are not yet in the UK. I have all the rest.

Leftbank 2 (Theme From 'Vision On')
Leftbank 2 (Theme From 'Vision On')
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Music from vision on, 23 Sep 2013
Strangely got the title & composer from the Metro quiz. Always liked the music as a child so nostalgia is the reason for purchase. I never got my pictures in the gallery. Might make a nice ring tone! What about listening to it whilst walking round the Tate or National Gallery?

Wishing on a Star
Wishing on a Star
Price: 0.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Miriam Stockley's version of 'Wishing on a star', 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Wishing on a Star (MP3 Download)
I loved hearing this version on the '10th Kingdom' TV drama. I loved it when Rose Royce did it. Rose Royce had a great sound. Wonderful vocals. I don't normally like cover versions. I love Miriam Stockley's version and voice. She has provided vocals on so many tracks that we all know and love but don't know who the singer is. Karl Jenkins productions come to mind.
I would have given this version of 'Wishing on a Star' 5 marks but the track is short. It's not the full length of the Rose Royce version and I find that very disappointing. However, her voice is so magical and it does sound so beautiful I couldn't knock more than one star off.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional Photo album, 24 Mar 2013
I've had photo Albums with sticky pages that hold the photo with a film that goes over the page. Eventually the pages go horrid colours and look old and shabby. I have albums where you slip the photos into selves on the page. They are not always the right size and you might have to cut the photo.
I like these because you can put any size photo on the page. If you use photo corners then you can move the photo's around if you want. Sticky back squares are more permanent. The photo albums my grand parents had were mounted this way and they still look good. I trust in many years to come mine will also look good. I can also add written comments in the same way onto the page. I can print them up and make sure everyone will be able to understand what I have said or I can make it personal with hand written information.
Sometimes the paper covers get bent up. Also, I did have one album which had badly cut pages and I had to cut them out of the album. I decided It wasn't worth returning the book.
I was buying these albums initially from a photo store in the high street but since finding them on line, even with postage, they were much cheaper.
I have blue, green and red albums. I have ussed colours for holiday, 2012 Olympics and other events. Very versitile.

Double 3" Deep Memory Foam Mattress Topper With A Washable Removable Cover
Double 3" Deep Memory Foam Mattress Topper With A Washable Removable Cover
Offered by Foam 2 Go
Price: 62.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 inch memory foam, 24 Mar 2013
I'm not getting the restful sleep I thought I would. I went on holiday to Tromso in Norway and the hotel beds had the most amazing mattress topper where the sleep was the best. I was not able to find out what it was. Eventually after much searching I finally decided to try this. It's not uncomfortable, it just doesn't give me the rest and rejuvenation I was expecting.
I followed the directions on the mattress topper regarding leaving the topper open for 3 days before using it to eliminate the smell and it went in 3 days. I've had no issue there. We are selling our house so having something smelly in the house when showing people around isn't a good idea. No smell, I'm happy.
I've also found that the mattress doesn't seem to stay put on the top of the mattress and moves across the bed. Also be mindful that this cover that comes with the topper only covers one side.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars clear Photo corners, 24 Mar 2013
Mostly the corners are ok. Sometimes you get one with a poor cut on it so the corner appears to have a tail. It doesn't notice though. Just makes it difficult sometimes to remove the corner. Not always welcome when you are working on a couple of thousand photos.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11