Profile for Sugar > Reviews

Content by Sugar

Sugar "pam_higgins" (West Yorkshire)

The Cloud Nine Original Iron Hair Straightener
The Cloud Nine Original Iron Hair Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars I really was on Cloud Nine!, 9 Mar. 2011
What can I say... WOW... I didn't think it possible to top the mighty GHD's but it is...

The Cloud Nine iron is amazing, they glided over my hair like a hot knife through butter with absolutely NO pull or drag at all. They heat up in super quick time and straighten my hair perfectly on half the heat of the GHD's. The heat control is a simple finger touch and the increase or decrease in heat is almost instantanious. The black ceramic plates have this subtle sparkle to them which is apparently the secret weapon to gorgeous shiny and super soft hair. I couldn't stop touching my hair all day and wanted people to feel how soft it was too, not random people thought LOL. I used a protective product whilst using the Cloud Nine but I would feel confident not using one as you do not need the iron to be at its hottest to do a fantstic job. I have been straightening my hair daily for as long as I can remember... Not now though, I straighten my hair in the morning and go about my day, the following morning my hair is almost perfect, I knock the temp right down and literally smooth the random stray bits and I'm off.

Buy the Cloud Nine iron... you will NOT be disapointed :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 7:20 PM GMT

RAC 200 GPS Unit (UK & Ireland)
RAC 200 GPS Unit (UK & Ireland)

4.0 out of 5 stars I've got sat nav and love it..., 30 April 2008
I have never had sat nav before and recently decided to treat myself, plus I plan driving my daughter and I to the airport at the end of May and felt sat nav would give me a little added confidence. I had no idea what to go for and toyed with the idea of buying a Tom Tom system but they were just so expensive. My brother recommended this RAC one, said he used it for his work which take him all over the country and said for the money it was a great piece of kit and he was right. I just love it, it was easy to programme with my work and home destination and also mega easy to programme in my fave places too. I have always been a bit nervous about jumping in the car and taking my daughter away for the day but now I feel confident to do so, the world is our oyster now and I'm already planning great days out for when the weather picks up... YEY to RAC :-)

It's Not Your Fault, Koko Bear: A Read-Together Book for Parents and Young Children During Divorce (Lansky, Vicki)
by Vicki Lansky

5.0 out of 5 stars So touching and reassuring, comfort in a book!, 8 Mar. 2006
My daughter is 4 and her dad and I seperated about 2 years ago now. She's had a hard time, especially just recently as her dad is due to remarry, she has a new step-family and I am now in a new relationship. The poor love had a head full of questions she didn't understand and a heart full of sadness and worry that she didn't know how to deal with. She just didn't seem to know where she fit in anymore. This book is both moving and reassuring and is always on show in my daughter's bedroom. She thought she had done something really bad and thought I would leave her too. After reading Koko (a few times) she told me that she isn't alone after all, that Koko feels the same too and that it's OK to feel as she does and that it's all going to be OK. She now freely asks my partner and I and her dad and his partner questions whenever she is worried or upset. This is definately a "must buy".