Profile for Jo > Reviews

Jo

Intuitive Life Coaching Oracle Cards
Intuitive Life Coaching Oracle Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential personal development tool, 2 Jun 2014
I LOVE these oracle cards, or as they really are - intuitive life coaching cards. The first piece of advice I would give is, buy the full unlock so that you can view all the cards! It really is worth having them all as they are amazingly written and powerful. Not only that, but you get a link to Kelly's weekly readings where she picks out 5 cards for the week ahead. This is great for learning how to read them yourself too, but such a nice bonus, which isn't featured in other card apps. Even though the pictures are abstract, this is no matter. The tag line and description of each card are so relevant to every day life and personal development, you won't need extra imagery in the card illustrations. Kelly is truly a professional intuitive life coach and it shows in the knowledge she is sharing with us through her cards. They are helping me greatly, thank you Kelly!

StudentHome (Open University)
StudentHome (Open University)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you for developing this app, 5 Jan 2014
A very useful and clean app to make accessing the open university website much simpler. I think it's ridiculous that the OU haven't developed apps for different devices, but luckily this app does it for them. I tried to donate, but the link didn't take me anywhere? Thanks for taking the time to create this for everyone.

The Psychic Tarot Oracle Cards - John Holland
The Psychic Tarot Oracle Cards - John Holland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great oracle cards for all types of questions, 1 Jan 2014
This oracle deck is in a similar format to the other Hay House card apps. You can choose from a few card spreads (one card, three, etc) like the other apps and then shuffle and swipe through the cards to select. Each card gives you an in depth meaning, and you can save your readings.
What I love about this particular deck is that the cards are very meaningful and relevant to every day life. Sometimes with specific oracle decks, following a theme, you can struggle to interpret the cards meaning for questions not relating to the cards theme. The psychic tarot is a great all rounder, with the cards giving you a lot of intuitive licence to find the meaning for your unique question. The cards are varied enough to cover a wide range of life lessons.
The deck is beautifully illustrated, well explained and allows for very accurate readings, especially if you take your reading beyond the text explanation and search the stunning, symbol-filled illustrations for extra meaning. My favourite card deck!

new! Magazine
new! Magazine

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value magazine app on Kindle, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: new! Magazine (App)
I am really pleased with New magazine. It's a value for money magazine, with the subscription at only £2.50 a month - bargain considering other celebrity gossip magazine's apps on kindle are about that to buy just one issue. You get a new issue every week too, and its relatively quick to update with the latest edition.
New is full of content, so you're really getting your money's worth and the best feature, which no other magazine app is currently doing to my knowledge, is that it allows you to read back issues for free when you subscribe.
All in all fabulous app, all the controls you would expect to zoom, page turn etc and you can either view the magazine online (saves space on your device) or download for offline viewing.
The app developers were also quick to respond when I had a question about using the app.
Five stars!

ES Task Manager
ES Task Manager

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful - messed with my Kindle Fire badly, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: ES Task Manager (App)
I love ES file explorer, so had no concerns downloading this. Big mistake!

As soon as I opened the app and performed the power saving options my Kindle started to not work properly. Everything became slower, my keyboard didn't work properly. My apps weren't downloading from the app store, even though WiFi was on, apps crashing that never crashed before, and my battery suddenly started draining very quickly.

What's worse, is that my kindle won't uninstall the app, it just freezes. It's completely wrecked my kindle, I bet it's deleted an important system file during its cleaning process.

Be warned! It is obviously buggy with some kindled, I'm going to have to factory reset, which means I'll lose things stored on the kindle so I am not happy at all with this app.

The Sims 3
The Sims 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a notch on Sims Freeplay, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3 (App)
I didn't know what to expect from this game, considering the price I thought it would be as amazing, or better than Sims Freeplay. I am a little disappointed however. First, there's not much customisation choice, compared to Freeplay, the music is awful and the quality of the game and controls just seem a little dated. I'm not very far into the game and already I'm stuck trying to figure out how to view a recipe to know which ingredients to buy and I can't seem to find the answer. I suppose the redeeming quality is the interactivity - being able to use the kindle to perform activities (e.g. you fish by angling the kindle and then jerking it upwards to catch a fish) but apart from that I see little to tear me away from Freeplay. I had to laugh at the town map, watching the little icon moving around, the game would have looked less cheap if they had omitted the sequence. I can only give it 3 stars as I expected it to be better for the cost, but I'm sure it may grow on me if I manage to work out how to play it properly.

Fairy Farm
Fairy Farm

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fairy Farm (App)
Great for playing on kindle fire hd, especially if you are missing facebook games. Lost one star for not being able to connect with Facebook without an error message.