Profile for Brian > Reviews

Brian

Big Fat Gypsy Gangster [DVD]
Big Fat Gypsy Gangster [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Grover

3.0 out of 5 stars I only purchased it as I have a small role in it (prison guard) but I am not totally disappointed with the end result, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Big Fat Gypsy Gangster [DVD] (DVD)
A very "quirky" movie that only just got issued thanks to Ricky Grover's personal funding I understand. I only purchased it as I have a small role in it (prison guard) but I am not totally disappointed with the end result. It won't suit everyone though.

London Boulevard [DVD]
London Boulevard [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keira Knightley
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars ... full of expletives but I think the performances are good and it holds your attention, 21 July 2014
This review is from: London Boulevard [DVD] (DVD)
A very violent movie full of expletives but I think the performances are good and it holds your attention. Somehow I doubt if it will be shown on tv in the near future.

Welcome To The Punch [DVD] [2013]
Welcome To The Punch [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ James McAvoy^Mark Strong^David Morrissey^Peter Mullan^Andrea Riseborough^Daniel Mays^Elyes Gabel^Daniel Kaluuya^Johnny Harris^Robert Portal^Jason Maza^Dannielle Brent

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 July 2014
A good action movie. A shame it does not appear to have had a better reception.

The Trevor Nelson Collection 2
The Trevor Nelson Collection 2

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 21 July 2014
A shame as I enjoyed his first collection. This one is too "hip-hop" for me!

Extending Metal Safety Gate
Extending Metal Safety Gate
Offered by Inter-Dentals

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the effort, 19 Feb. 2013
Seemingly complicated to install, this gate has proved its worth across an awkward space at the top of stairs. Time is needed to study the instructions but the end result is strong and well fit for purpose. I would have given it 5 stars but for the fiddle factor in adjusting the gate to fit properly, but, once done, it is obvious that a lot of good engineering has gone into this product.

Johnny Red - Angels Over Stalingrad (Vol. 3) (Johnny Red: Stalingrad)
Johnny Red - Angels Over Stalingrad (Vol. 3) (Johnny Red: Stalingrad)
by Tom Tully

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 19 Feb. 2013
Fans of Joe Colquhoun's work will not need me to explain why he was such a great talent, ideally suited for this type of action story. The detail is exceptional. Those who are unfamiliar with his work should purchase the Johnny Red and Charley's War series of books immediately as graphic novel "must haves".

Ironclad [DVD] [2011]
Ironclad [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ James Purefoy
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good!, 18 May 2011
This review is from: Ironclad [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I saw this recently at a cinema in Dubai so I am surprised it is soon out on release. As said elsewhere it deserves more support. Surprisingly bloody, and that is probably why, but shame on the distributors. Nevertheless it is a very good film but not for the faint hearted. A sort of Magnificent Seven in armour, and why not!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2011 6:29 PM BST