Profile for Sam > Reviews

Content by Sam

Sam

SanDisk SDCFX-032G-FFP 32 GB 60 MB/s Extreme CompactFlash Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for video, 23 Aug. 2013
I've been using this card now for a year (with my 7D) and I haven't had any problems with it.
It's fast enough for video and for raw-photo-bursts.

Measured speeds (with Blackmagic tool):
Read: 76.6 MB/s
Write: 51.4 MB/s

Can't really say anymore about this. It's a memory card, reputable brand.
Recommended buy!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Good as a router/switch, not for the usb, 7 Aug. 2013
Recently my Time Capsule suddenly stopped working (board fried or something...). So I needed a new wireless router to replace the time capsule's functionality. The TC's internal hard drive would be put in an external enclosure and connected with USB, and my printer would attach to the other USB port... great!
I only use it as Access point / switch, not as a router, so I can't comment about the different QOS features. The wifi-range is much greater than the Time Capsule and I love the fact that you have both the 5ghz and the 2.4 ghz band to your disposal (as did the TC)

First off I tried attaching a My Book western digital USB hard drive I had laying around, to no avail. Tried different formatting options and cables, but it wouldn't get recognized. Same with the hard drive from the Time Capsule in an external enclose.

Then the printing... Instead of implementing a network-print-server to make it easy to use, you need TP-link's own software to connect to a connected printer. Probably it does some kind of 'usb over ethernet" translation but it's rubbish. You have to connect the printer manually using the software (no way to connect automatically) and you better be sure you have started the program automatically on boot or it won't find the printer. If you're like me and move your laptop a lot this means leaving the program open, or restarting when you want to print or scan something....

I've bought myself a Raspberry Pi and attached the hard drive and printer to this. This is now correctly configured as printing server and it's working like the router should have worked in the first place.

If I didn't rely on it for my internet connectivity, I would have sent it back

TL;DR I have no experience using this on PC's, but if you are a MAC user and you want to use the USB ports, stay away of this device!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2014 5:00 PM BST

Canon LP-E6 PREMIUM Replacement Rechargeable Camera Battery (100% COMPATIBLE) from Dot.Foto - with Dot.Foto InfoChip - 7.4v / 1600mAh - 2 Year Warranty [See Description for Compatibility]
Offered by PowerPlanet

5.0 out of 5 stars They work great! At least as good as the real deal, 18 Jan. 2013
I have these batteries for over two years, and I've used these a lot on small dslr productions.

It's always handy to have some extra batteries when you are shooting "off the grid", these are much cheaper than the original ones, and are just as good.
The capacity rating is higher than the standard LPE6 batteries, but I didn't really notice much of an increase.
They are fully compatible with my cameras (7D and 5DII) so you can keep an eye on the battery level.
I have a few accessoires that use the same battery type (lights and monitor) so having a lot of them really helps.

If they are in your camera you won't notice the difference with original canons. Good thing is that they will also charge with the original canon charger. So you don't have to look out for which battery is genuine and which is not. They are just interchangeable.

They come shipped in a small white box instead of the box pictured, but thats no big deal (and actually makes it smaller to ship).
It has a battery cover included.
Something Canon did in its battery cover is a battery-icon cutout and made their brand sticker in 2 colors (blue and black). This way you can attach the cover in 2 ways, either the battery icon is filled with black color or blue color. This way you can easily mark which batteries are full and which are empty.
Aftermarket brands (like this one) copie the battery-cover cutout, but don't make their label in 2 colors. I put some red and black electrical tape on the back to regain this functionality, Just a small tip.

Highly recommended!

Kingston 16 GB 266X Compact Flash Card
Kingston 16 GB 266X Compact Flash Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 7 Jan. 2012
I use it with my 7D to record video and take pictures. No problems whatsoever.
I can use the 8 pic/sec burst mode as well with no problems at all.

If there is to be one downside it's the plastic case you get to keep the card in. It's too flimsy and it broke after about a week of use. Ordered a CF-card case and had no problems since.

Very satisfied!