Profile for Hans Wehr > Reviews

The Natural: How to effortlessly attract the women you want
The Natural: How to effortlessly attract the women you want
by Richard La Ruina

5.0 out of 5 stars Good change of pace, 17 Mar 2013
I've read / watched quite a lot of material produced by the pick-up / dating community, and I picked up this book on Amazon hoping for something a bit different. I'm naturally drawn away from self-professed 'PUAs' who use jargon like 'sets', 'HBs' and 'kinoing', so I was pleased to discover that this book gave a lot of more general advice on inner game, body language etc., rather than some techniques which only work in a small number of situations (though the book did indeed use at least one of the pieces of PUA jargon I just mentioned).

'The Natural' opens with a short biography about Richard, explaining how he made the transition 'from geek to Natural'. I particularly enjoyed this opening section, as I love a good story, and it was pretty inspiring for me, even though my situation is a bit different to his. It certainly was interesting to hear the full story of Richard's metamorphosis and transformation.

There is a good amount of information in what is quite a short book. The inner game material at the beginning is thorough and a great way to get started. I recommend spending some time on this section. The 'seduction blueprint' and other, more situational advice are also pretty useful.

In all, there is a limit to how much skill a book like this can impart - just reading it is not going to turn you into a lothario overnight, but neither is reading any book on the subject. Ultimately, you get out what you put in, but if you want some guidelines to make sense of the huge mess of 'dating' information you might have come across, you could do a lot worse than this book.