Profile for Jonathan Green > Reviews

Content by Jonathan Green

Jonathan Green (Carlisle)

Citizen Eco-Drive Men's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Chronograph Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet AP4031-54L

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice weighty watch that is incredibly accurate, 21 Jan. 2016
This is a nice weighty watch that is incredibly accurate. The only negative thing for me is the date dial for day number (top dial on face) is a little bit hard to see but that’s maybe due to the fact that I wear a watch for work that has a traditional number in a box. I purchased this watch to wear away from work so the date display was not a consideration of mine but it might be worth thinking about if you need a watch with clear date display.
I do agree with all the comments about the colour of the dial being nothing like the image that Amazon has used and I’ve uploaded some photos I’ve taken that should give you more of an idea of the true colour. For me I prefer the dark blue as I think it looks better than the lighter blue in the stock Amazon picture but as colour is a very subjective thing I’ll let you decide.
About the photos, it’s worth noting that the face of the watch is essentially a solar panel & semi transparent under strong light, under normal conditions you would never know this however when I’ve taken my photos I used a macro lens and flash which exaggerates this effect.
All in all this is a very nice watch, either for yourself or as a gift.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Rotary Men's Blue Dial Rubber Strap AGS00068/W/05
Rotary Men's Blue Dial Rubber Strap AGS00068/W/05

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad if you buy it at the right price., 16 Dec. 2012
After seeing this model at an incredibly attractive price decided to take a gamble and ordered it. My expectations were not very high and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box.
To start with the box looks expensive and anyone looking to buy a Rotary watch as a gift for someone will be very happy to present it in this box which has a little pillow that the watch is secured round.
Now on to the watch itself, this model's RRP is £139, although can be found at a more competitive price online.
The watch has a solid and slightly weighty feel although the case, bezel and back don't appear to be stainless steel as only the buckle on the strap is stamped as such. The watch face has a date indicator at the six o'clock position and also a nice wave affect running through it that gives it a quality look. There are luminous markers on the hour hand, minute hand, hourly positions and the zero position on the bezel but sadly no marker is present on the second hand. The bezel is unidirectional and has a dedicated lock for it on the left hand side of the dial (you could mistake this for an escape valve normally found on expensive dive watch). The strap is a rubber resin and is reassuringly thick and quite long, I wouldn't see any problem if you were going to wear it over a wet suit.
Some minor details that I personally didn't like, the first is the date indicator window doesn't appear to be straight on the face (this could just be a manufacturing defect on my particular watch). The second is the amount of light emitted from the luminous markers could be a lot better and the third is just cosmetic, all the pictures I've seen of the watch make it appear as if it's brushed steel appearance when in fact the majority of the case is polished.
Overall I'm quite pleased with the watch, mainly because I bought it under half price.
Comment Comment | Permalink