Profile for Gadget King > Reviews

Content by Gadget King

Gadget King (Stevenage, UK.)

Unity Worth Radio Controlled Wall Clock
Unity Worth Radio Controlled Wall Clock

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice & great value, 31 Oct. 2013
Wanted a really nice radio clock for our very swish kitchen & this did not disappoint. Really good value too, buy with confidence.

Megaman GU10 6 Watt LED PAR16 Dimming 2800 k Light Bulb
Megaman GU10 6 Watt LED PAR16 Dimming 2800 k Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the ones !!, 2 Sept. 2013
Just fitted 29 of these & am delighted with them. I`d previously used the Auraglow 6W Warm white & although good these always wanted more brightness & warmth....Tried these & rectifies both points perfectly. After trying 4/5 different brands these really are a genuine replacement for 50 watt halogen bulbs & dimmable too.

Levi's Polyfill Parka Women's Jacket Black Large
Levi's Polyfill Parka Women's Jacket Black Large
Offered by Jeanstown24

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs d, 7 April 2013
Great coat. I am a size 14. The large was perfect Got fpr £47. Bargain. Highly recommended colour black which is perfect

Vivitar 9124 9MP Digital Camera 2.4 inch LCD - Red
Vivitar 9124 9MP Digital Camera 2.4 inch LCD - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy !!!, 22 Oct. 2012
We bought this for our 6 year old son & for the money was not expecting a lot, well weren`t we right there!! This camera is appalling & Vivitar should be ashamed of this piece of junk. The pictures are useless, akin to a really bad snap on a 1950`s Brownie, except a lot worse. Do not buy this as is a complete waste of £, simply useless.

Scalextric G1072 Team GB Velodrome 2012: Track Cycling 1:64 Scale Race Set
Scalextric G1072 Team GB Velodrome 2012: Track Cycling 1:64 Scale Race Set
Offered by tanya0907

1.0 out of 5 stars Scalextric`s Darkest Hour, 1 Oct. 2012
Like many, Scalextric played a big highlight in my childhood play.

This set however is so cheaply made (& very badly at that), it really should not be sold. £20 is not a lot of money to most, but bearing in mind a lot of young children will be receiving this set, it`s a real shame & a big disservice to Hornby.

Buy it if a you`re an afluent forgiving aduld, but if you`re under 18 censor it !!

Toshiba 55WL863B 55-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Pro-LED 3DTV with Freeview
Toshiba 55WL863B 55-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Pro-LED 3DTV with Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Samsung D8000 55 inch !!, 29 Dec. 2011
Originally purchased the 55 inch Samsung D8000 for £2K and it proved a fabulous picture, but only with a perfect HD signal. Feed it with standard definition & the picture quality really suffers. Also the Samsung had serious motion issues & also suffers from a high delay time with PS3, XBox 360 gaming etc (even in gaming mode) (i.e. Gaming picture lags behind your gaming input). Read the great review in the similarly great Home Cinema Choice magazine & decided to try the Toshiba & problems solved !! No motion issues, SD looks great, gaming now spot on & at £850 less than the Samsung, no contest !! OK it isn`t as attractive without that super skinny silver bezel, but the Toshiba still looks great and again equates to a £850 saving to say goodbye to a skinny bezel ??!!!

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Premiere Elements 9 (PC/Mac)
Offered by Kryonet Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars At Long Last AVCHD Editing For MAC !!, 30 Nov. 2010
After 3 years of waiting since I got my AVCHD camcorder I can finally edit in full HD quality on the MAC and I`m delighted.

I was never happy with iLife or Final Cut Express as both use the Apple AIC codec which results in an output quality little better than SD to my eyes. I was going to install a windows product in Bootcamp but now there`s no need.

All the previous reviews say it`s almost unworkable, but maybe I`ve been lucky but has worked fine for me (other than 1 minor crash on the very 1st day). It may also help as I`ve got a quadcore i7 8GB Mac, but that`s not that special for a PC. so who knows?

It is a bit clunky in operation but no more so than some of the programs I`ve used before, but the best bit for me is to finally getting finished video files output from my MAC in superb full HD.

Macally BOOKSHELLPRO2 Leather Look Protective Shell for New 15-Inch MacBook Pro - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The Macbook Pro Case of Choice !!, 26 Sept. 2010
I had the Macbook (non pro) version of this wrapped around my 3 year old Macbook and have just got a top price for it on ebay as it still looked totally as new. Now I`ve just upgraded to the Macbook Pro & naturally went for the same again. This case though is even better, it fits better, looks great, is total quality, I love the more tactile feel and most importantly it will keep my new investment as new.

The Aluminium casing on the Macbook Pro looks great but is so easy to scratch and dent I personally think you would be crazy not to pick one of these cases up as soon as or even before you buy the Mac. I`ve seen so many Macbook Pros look all bashed up, where`s the sense in spending top £ on a beautiful Mac not to look after it. Buy this and it will pay for itself many times over come resell !!

Logitech diNovo Keyboard Mac Edition
Logitech diNovo Keyboard Mac Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars The Keyboard Every Mac Owner Should Truly Have., 7 Aug. 2010
I am an Apple Fan who has tried all of the Apple keyboards & had settled on the Apple wireless keyboard as the best compromise to date. I fitted my mother`s office out with the same, but she complained that it couldn`t keep pace with her typing skills (ex secretary) & also the lack of a numeric pad. I ordered her this Logitech to try and problem solved !! She was so so enthused I ordered one myself & wow !! It is an absolute joy to type on, the number pad is there, it is beautifully constructed, wireless and the black/aluminium finish compliments the iMac in a way that puts Apple`s home grown solutions to shame!!

Apple rarely outsource there products but they really should adopt this keyboard and put an Apple logo on it to achieve Apple heaven for all.

BT Converse 2300 Corded Telephone - Black
BT Converse 2300 Corded Telephone - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor for BT - AVOID (believe me is not good!!!), 25 May 2010
I wanted a replacement for a BT Converse 1300 for use at my business and thought this looked a bit of an upgrade. Looks ok but the sound is VERY unclear and muffled. Tried it on all 8 lines and everyone said the same thing and after 2 hours I gave up !! I would have returned it but the box was damaged and in the end I couldn`t be bothered. This is the reason I`ve written this review, to stop others making the same mistake and easing my concience when I look across at my new £40 door stop !! DO NOT BUY !!!!