Profile for Nicholas S. Ellis-barker > Reviews

Content by Nicholas S. El...

Nicholas S. Ellis-barker "Nick" (London)

Pirates Of The Caribbean - The Curse Of The Black Pearl Combi Pack (Blu-ray + DVD)
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

5.0 out of 5 stars Still brilliant, and even better in HD!, 21 July 2010
This has always been one of my favourite films, but in Blu-ray it becomes a masterpiece. Amazing scenes, which come to life now and are outstanding. Still one of Johnny Depps outstanding performances in my opinion and best of the trilogy

Weber's Way to Grill: The Step-By-Step Guide to Expert Grilling (Sunset Books)
Weber's Way to Grill: The Step-By-Step Guide to Expert Grilling (Sunset Books)
by Jamie Purviance

5.0 out of 5 stars From charcoal sausages to Jamie Oliver, 21 July 2010
I bought a Weber BBQ Weber 57cm One Touch Original for the summer and after my first 2 attempts considered ditching it for a gas BBQ as I couldn't place anything on the grill without turning it to charcoal. I made one last throw of the dice and bought this book and cannot tell you how pleased I am that I did. I am now marinading, grilling, cooking vegetables and perfecting the art of a medium rare steak!!! Simple instructions with amazing BBQ recipes which will make you want to use it everyday. Beer can chicken, that is one to do before your mates turn up, legendary!!! Highly recommend this book for any novice to BBQ grilling or if you want to expand your culinary exploits outside of sausages and burgers!

Sky DRX890 Sky+ HD Digibox 500GB (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sky DRX890 Sky+ HD Digibox 500GB (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by SKY-DEALS

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you get the PACE box....., 21 July 2010
I have had 2 SKY HD boxes, the first being the Samsung box. This would, as many reviewers have put previously, turn off randomly, freeze the picture, not record programs, etc, etc. I complained to SKY who sent an engineer with a replacement box which was PACE. Since then, trouble free viewing with football looking ultra realistic now in HD. Without the technical snags of the first box I would have given 5 stars as movies and sport in HD take your TV (we have a Panasonic) to the next level!!

The Anger Habit: Proven Principles to Calm the Stormy Mind
The Anger Habit: Proven Principles to Calm the Stormy Mind
by Carl Semmelroth

2.0 out of 5 stars This makes me so angry!, 28 July 2009
The fundamental principles in the book are great in teaching you why you get angry e.g. at work, with your kids, etc. It is especially good at showing you the buld up to your anger - e.g. mumbling to yourself about the bad driver in front of you, etc. However the principles to deal with your anger are not dealt with fully and are weak, especially via the examples given e.g. Leslie not doing well at school, etc. A good book to understand why you get angry, but little to offer solutions.