Profile for rob91322 > Reviews

"rob91322"

Catch Without Arms
Catch Without Arms
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Why the criticism? I think this is their best release!, 16 Oct 2005
This review is from: Catch Without Arms (Audio CD)
Very surprised why this album is getting such bad reviews. This is an incredible album and definitely my favourite by Dredg. I loved Leitmotif, but it didn't have the edge. I loved El Cielo, but it seemed to drag on for too long. This is the best Dredg album. Every song is different, that's what so great about it.
However, I still feel Dredg can only get better and better. This isn't a perfect album. There are a few tracks that bore me a bit (well, it's only the title track I don't like but sometimes I'm not in the mood for half the tracks) but the other tracks make up for it. I hope with future Dredg releases they will get better and better. If you're new to Dredg, get this album as El Cielo might bore you towards the end as it does drag on a bit and they haven't mastered the art of concept albums yet.

Asristir Vieldriox
Asristir Vieldriox
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy stuff, 21 Jan 2005
This review is from: Asristir Vieldriox (Audio CD)
I haven't come across any band like Orthrelm before. They have a whole stash of songs, but there's a catch....they're all 5-10 seconds long! 99 tracks sounds a lot but the album only clocks in at around 12 minutes. That's probably the only disappointment.
This album is full of little crazy technical riffs from the 2 piece band, and is an album that a lot of people should have in their music collection. Brilliant album