Profile for David Gray > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong
Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars From hero to zero, 19 Sep 2014
As an all round average sportsman I have admired numerous drug cheats in cycling and athletics only to be disappointed when the truth comes out..
I now work on the basis that all athletes and cyclists are using performance enhancing drugs no matter what the sports governing bodies say, then I wont be surprised or disappointed when they are exposed.
This book goes on to prove my theory as it not only exposes LA but the whole sport including the governing bodies.

A Time To Kill
A Time To Kill

5.0 out of 5 stars A gipping read., 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: A Time To Kill (Kindle Edition)
A gripping read. I felt like I was there throughout the plot and got to know the characters well. Highly recommended.

A Long Walk to Freedom: Volume Two: 1962-1994
A Long Walk to Freedom: Volume Two: 1962-1994

5.0 out of 5 stars Important history, 26 Jan 2014
As well as being a riveting read it is a very important piece of history that everyone should read- especially any leaders of waring factions all over the world.

Rule Zero (Harry Bacon Book 1)
Rule Zero (Harry Bacon Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Different!, 26 Jan 2014
Overall it was a good read but at times I found it hard to follow when it was jumping from past to future and area to area.

A Long Walk to Freedom: Volume One: 1918-1962
A Long Walk to Freedom: Volume One: 1918-1962

5.0 out of 5 stars Important history, 26 Jan 2014

My Life as a Hooker: When a Middle-Aged Bloke Discovered Rugby
My Life as a Hooker: When a Middle-Aged Bloke Discovered Rugby

5.0 out of 5 stars Every ruby player should read this., 2 Dec 2013
Although my title is aimed at rugby players and ex rugby players (like myself) it would still be enjoyable to non rugby players, especially soccer players as they would be impressed by the comrardary and sportsmanship within the game. Most ex rugby players will recognise most of the incidents and humour as it is everywhere in the game -not the highest level as they are supreme athletes not beer swilling non athletes like the rest of us!

Big Maria
Big Maria

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, but with one flaw., 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Big Maria (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book as it was entertaining and humorous. It was so good that I was always looking forward to reading the next section. My only criticism is that there are too many "American" words that are not used in the UK which caused be a few frustrations. They were not even recognised by my Kindle dictionary.
Dont let that one point put you off as you will still enjoy the book even if there are a few words that you dont understand.

The Boys of '67: Charlie Company's War in Vietnam (General Military)
The Boys of '67: Charlie Company's War in Vietnam (General Military)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 2 Dec 2013
This was a very informative read from a different perspective than most books of this genre. It is one of the few that I have started and actually finish and enjoyed. Most are hard work and tedious, this is definitely not.

Heartstone (The Shardlake series Book 5)
Heartstone (The Shardlake series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as usual, 2 Nov 2013
I have just finished all 5 of the Shardlake books and will be hoping and waiting for a 6th.
Personally I do not think that Heartstone was as good as the other 4, but this is probably just personal preference.

Revelation (The Shardlake series Book 4)
Revelation (The Shardlake series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Shardlake classic., 18 Oct 2013
This is the 4th in the Shardlake series. I have read all 4 in the last two months and am now onto the 5th.
I do not know what my bedtime reading will be when I finish the series.
After 4 books you feel that you know the characters inside out.

Page: 1 | 2