Profile for MARK FULLER > Reviews

MARK FULLER

Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 30 April 2013
It was either a sonic cat repeller or an air rifle and my wife talked me in to trying the former before going for the latter. So far (4 weeks) it seems to be working well. The only cat that I have seen in the garden since installing the repeller is a very old one that is probably deaf. The rest, and believe me there were lots and lots of them, seem to be staying away.

Kryptonite New York Standard NYL U Lock with Flexframe Bracket (3000) - Black/Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars About the most secure lock you can buy, 30 April 2013
I bought this lock because by bike was stolen and I didn't want the same thing to happen again to its replacement.
The lock itself is fine, it's big enough to secure the frame and back wheel to a post, it's solid, the locking mechanism is easy to turn (unlike some locks that I have owned) and the rubber coating protects the frame. On the down side it rattles and it is very heavy.
The bracket is pants. I read the poor reviews of the bracket and decided that the other users weren't fitting it correctly, I was wrong. Tighten it up as much as you can and it soon loosens off and swings out at the most inconvenient moments. It's frustrating because most bikes have various threaded holes in the frame to accommodate drinking bottle holders, couldn't they use these to make a really secure attachment. A lock of this weight really needs a land anchor from the QE2 to hold it properly.
In conclusion I like the lock but have to carry it around in a shoulder bag instead of attaching it to the frame. Not how I was intending to use it but better than having another bike stolen.