ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)

The Better Angels of Our Nature: A History of Violence and Humanity
by Steven Pinker
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have ever read, 18 April 2013
I really genuinely enlightening book, filled with so much information, but written in a style and with such interesting content on each page that it never gets boring. I felt about twice as smart after reading it. Superb.

Merrell Men's Trail Glove Trainer Ash Trainer J39029 9 UK
Merrell Men's Trail Glove Trainer Ash Trainer J39029 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fantastic, 18 April 2013
Been running in them for a while now over some really tough rocky terrain. They provide great grip and they are very durable as they have hardly a scuff on them yet. They fit nicely and are light, but they provide plenty of protection for your feet in the right areas, encouraging you to run properly.

Highly recommended.

Amazonas Moskito Traveller
Amazonas Moskito Traveller
Price: 29.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good so far, 18 April 2013
I am very happy with this product so far. The only reason I have not given it 5 stars is that I a waiting to see what its durability is like after a number of camping trips. The mosquito net works nicely and is easy to set up.

It is also fairly cheap for quite a nice product.

The Man Who Cycled The World
The Man Who Cycled The World
by Mark Beaumont
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and Honest, 9 July 2012
I had read previous reviews and one was about how Mark Beaumont wasted his time and missed the chance to really experience cultures and travel properly because of his focus on achieving the world record. This reviewer missed the point entirely, and I suspect if I or Mark himself explained the reasons why he didn't stop and absorb the culture and countries more, he/she wouldn't understand anyway.

This, to me, was all about the challenge and pushing himself to see just how far he could go. Some people can do this, some people can only understand this, and most people can't do either. I suspect that his main goal was to set up a life and a career doing something that he loved and not pencil-pushing at a desk all day. Cycling the world got him on his way to this and he describes his journey through the challenge, and before the challenge with some intriguing background into his reasons for doing it, with great honesty and providing insight into the world of an extreme endurance athlete.

The book inspired a friend of mine to cycle from China back to England after being an English teacher in Korea and is currently motivating me to seek out my own adventures and push my own boundaries. I have great admiration for a man who bit the bullet and reached out and grabbed life with both hands and is not letting go.