Profile for Avid Reader > Reviews

Content by Avid Reader

Avid Reader (Middle England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
PureGusto - Italian Caramelised Biscuits x 300
PureGusto - Italian Caramelised Biscuits x 300
Offered by PureGusto
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Lovely!, 18 July 2014
Excellent little biscuits Ideal for welcome package in holiday let etc

Arrived in good condition which is better than the last supply of individually wrapped biccies I purchased!

Only thing I would say is Cinnamon, if you don't like it (which I personally don't) avoid these

Bedeck Bella Duvet Covers D/B Multi
Bedeck Bella Duvet Covers D/B Multi
Offered by Bedeck Home
Price: 80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is remembered!, 15 July 2014
Quality, Quality, Quality

These wash lovely and are worth every penny you will spend on them

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"), Black
Price: 59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Love At First Sight?, 15 July 2014
I do love this case but can't give it the full five stars for several reasons....

1. After about a month of use in the last week my kindle has dropped out of it twice! once when I was picking it up to put it away and once when I was picking it up to change it to stand mode. I now no longer feel confident in the seriously strong magnet which is all that's holding my kindle in there.

2. I love the Origami stand but if you want to use it flat, say you're reading where there's no table convenient, if your screen goes off or you need to change your volume, it isn't a comfortable job, the magnet makes it hard to accomplish easily.

3. I use my Kindle every day, and while this cover is great quality (I was seriously pleased with it when it first arrived) I don't feel the spine is going to stand up to long term use, I've only had it about a month and the edges are already looking worn.

4. It is seriously expensive (I got mine off eBay, new & unopened unwanted gift for 15 delivered, If I'd paid 59 for it I'd be seriously GUTTED!)

Beko 1887460200 Belling Diplomat Flavel Leisure Dishwasher Rail Cap Front
Beko 1887460200 Belling Diplomat Flavel Leisure Dishwasher Rail Cap Front
Offered by Suds-Online
Price: 3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Money I ever spent, 21 Mar 2014
I can't tell you how annoying it was when the drawer dropped every other time I pulled it out cause that darned cap disappeared, the new one fits perfectly... I'd say even a little better than the original one which was prone to sliding opening unexpectedly

Ball & Chain (Cut & Run Book 8)
Ball & Chain (Cut & Run Book 8)
Price: 4.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't what I wanted... But I liked what I got, 21 Mar 2014
This wasn't the story I wanted it to be but what we want isn't always what we need.....

When we left Zane and Ty they had just been reunited after months apart while they both dealt with the s*** that went down in NOLA, almost immediately Ty is dragged back into military life so at the beginning of this new book they've been apart for 6 grueling months and neither of them is the man they were before.

-------------

I am trying to write this review without giving any spoilers so it may not make a lot of sense.

It took me to about half way through to get into the mind set of this book, Ty wasn't Ty and Zane wasn't Zane and Nick was just being weird and I had trouble getting into it.... and then it just clicked, suddenly I got it.

The second half of the book is an emotional roller coaster which had me sniveling on several occasions.

I liked that Nick & Kelly were padded out more as a couple, and the collective relationships were solidified

Dread
Dread
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get passed the first 10 minutes, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dread (Amazon Instant Video)
Normally I don't like reviews where the reviewer hasn't watched or read the book / film in question, but dude! this film sucked so bad even I couldn't watch it!

It's a typical low budget affair with bad acting a worse scripts but usually I can find something in a movie like that to enjoy but this was just PAINFUL.

Blackrock Mens Safety Shoes SF01 Tan 11 UK, 46 EU Regular
Blackrock Mens Safety Shoes SF01 Tan 11 UK, 46 EU Regular
Offered by Safety-Site
Price: 19.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Size came up small, 5 Mar 2014
Over all these were a small size, would recommend a size smaller than you need to be on the safe side

Cofresh Poppadum Curls Plain 80 g (Pack of 12)
Cofresh Poppadum Curls Plain 80 g (Pack of 12)

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird Taste, 5 Mar 2014
Not very poppadum like, and quite sweat

Couldn't even get the gannet twins, who eat anything, to eat them

Good value for money though if you do like them

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Really Amazon's Fault, 5 Mar 2014
Bought mine from easywellbeing Amazon seller, expiry was short and also I am assuming it had been badly stored as it was completely different consistency to the last tube I bought from a regular chemist... was really thick like it was drying out. 2 out of 3 tubes have been tried and both were the same

Benadryl Allergy Liquid Release - Pack of 7 Capsules
Benadryl Allergy Liquid Release - Pack of 7 Capsules
Offered by Allisons Pharmacy
Price: 5.07

3.0 out of 5 stars No Lactose, 24 Feb 2014
For those like me who can't have lactose these are the only allergy tablets I have found that are free from it.

I take one before bed so have no idea if they make me drowsy, they do make me feel dehydrated though so I don't take them very often.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17