ARRAY(0xb1b8830c)

Profile for SB67 > Reviews

Content by SB67

SB67

Special Tests in Musculoskeletal Examination: An evidence-based guide for clinicians, 1e (Physiotherapy Pocketbooks)
by Paul Hattam
Price: 22.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray!, 5 Aug 2010
As an experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapist and 'clinical specialist' I wanted to write and say what an absolute genius idea for a text this is, and it is brilliant!!

Compiling and summarising the evidence that is out there for many peripheral MSK tests is such a great (and long overdue) idea, really helpful for the clinician. I have enjoyed re-using tests I had forgotten about (Yergasons - which it seems from the review has gained kudos since I learned about it) and clarified ones that I use all the time! I really like the pocketbook style and the clear way the authors have indicated the Liklihood Ratio (LR) rating, this is a combined measure of the tests sensitivity and specificity. The other physios in my department really like it too, and I have to keep a close eye on mine top stop it going walk about!
It has been useful to have the supporting references for the various tests listed also; the Sports Med Dr and I were trying to determine if MR or MR arthrogram was the investigation of choice for FAI, and then were able to order a particular reference to have a look at! Brilliant.

A good size easy to use text, useful for experienced physios, and newly qualifieds alike, I think this will become a seminal physiotherapy text.