Profile for Jessica Green > Reviews

Content by Jessica Green

Jessica Green "Tillykins" (Oxfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2
The Brightness of Stars: Stories of Adults Who Came Through The British Care System

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read (not just social workers), 7 July 2014
After reading Lisa's first book Soul Journey and loving it; I was excited to read Brightness of Stars.

I don't really have any experience with the care system but this book really opened my eyes. Lisa writing is raw yet elegant and totally honest.

Seeing that people can create positive lives after experiencing such negativity inspires me. I do hope that things have/are changing in the system and I hope this book helps highlight that fact.

You don't need to be involved in social work or care to read this book. I enjoyed it as an emotional account of those who have been on this journey.

The Lucky One [DVD]
The Lucky One [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for girls night in, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Lucky One [DVD] (DVD)
Great easy watching film. Great for a girls night in. Who knew dorky Zac Efron would grow up so well ;)

Five steps to being heard: How to get your message across to the right person
Five steps to being heard: How to get your message across to the right person
by Julie Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Dec 2013
This is a really handy book for anyone who works with people and where communication skills are key. It's in a very easy to read format with bullet points and lots of examples. Written in a very clear style it's great for a wide range of people. I have got an incredible amount of value from it. Would make a great gift to send to clients. This is going to a book I will use on a ongoing basis

Start Your Day With Katie: 365 Affirmations for a Year of Positive Thinking
Start Your Day With Katie: 365 Affirmations for a Year of Positive Thinking
by Katie Piper

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 23 April 2013
I read this each day and it is so lovely. It's a beautiful little book with amazing little quotes and affirmations. I keep it on my nightstand and in the morning I read each one and keep that thought for the day

Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life's Work
Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life's Work
by Steven Pressfield

4.0 out of 5 stars I Loved this book, 23 April 2013
A great book. It's not that long so you could read it in one sitting if you wanted. It really spoke to me though- it got me thinking. That might sound a bit woo woo but I loved his story and could see I needed to apply it to my business life.

Lurch Spirali 10203 Green / Cream
Lurch Spirali 10203 Green / Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the kitchen, 23 April 2013
In a bid to be healthier I purchased one of these to make veggies more interesting. It's great. I love making courgette pasta! It seems sturdy enough and easy to clean. No problems with it all

Soul Journey: The Greatest Secrets to Living the Life You Want
Soul Journey: The Greatest Secrets to Living the Life You Want
by Lisa Cherry

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasured book, 13 Nov 2012
Soul Journey is a book that will have a treasured spot on my bookcase. It's one I know I'll dip back into on a regular basis.

I love the balance of the book. There is a self help element to it but also a fantastic collection of stories. Some of the stories made me cry- not a lot of books can do that to me.

I'm a daughter of a recovering alcoholic and the sister of a bi-polar sufferer who also went psychotic. It was nice to read from people who were on the other side. It really helped me understand it a little bit more.

The book has a great flow to it and I preferred to read it a chapter at a time with a cup of tea and then leave it for a bit. I wanted some time to digest and reflect. The author has also included pages for "Personal Ramblings" which is a nice idea as things did crop up as I was reading the book and it was nice to have them included in the book.

The book left me with a sense of gratitude for what I have in my life and also hope for the future. Some of the people in this book really have overcome adversity and I found them so inspirational.

Zumba Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory
Zumba Fitness Wii - Bundle Pack with Belt accessory
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition, 29 Jun 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'm on a bit of a mission to lose a lot of weight at the moment. I don't have the money to afford to go to classes or a gym so i'm trying to get a collection going at home. I went to one zumba class last year and hated it. The instructor wasn't very good and being new to fitness I felt very self confident. But after lots of friend continuing to rave about zumba I wanted to give it another try. Then I saw this in my local supermarket.

It comes with a belt to hold the wii remote which is good and i was worried being a size 18 that it wouldn't fit around me but it does.

The set up on the game is basic. There is a slot to add your name, there is a tutorial section which explains aspects of the game and shows you some basic zumba moves. There are classes which vary in intensity and length. There is also zumba party which to me I think are the same as the classes but i've only tried a couple. There is also a multi-player element which i think is great and could be hilarious for a girls night in!!!

The first time I did this I looked like a raving crazy person!! i found it difficult to move my feet quick enough and catch up with the moves. But after a couple of goes you get to learn the steps. I found it a great workout and it had me in a good sweat.

The lady on the screen that you copy is kind of like a heat sensor person. She is red if you aren't doing it properly, orange/yellow if you are getting there and green if you are moving in time. I can kind of see why they have done this but personally I would prefer a real person as the heat sensor lady is sometimes hard to see what her feet are doing when she moves quickly.

But all in all i really like it and it means I can zumba looking like an idiot in the comfort of my own home and get a good workout!

The Secret Ingredient
The Secret Ingredient
by Sally Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Secret Ingredient (Paperback)
A great cookbook. I love the personal notes from her about her story but the great thing about this cookbooks is I want to try all the recipes. I have so many cookbooks where I will only use a couple but this is jam packed of great healthy meals. Highly recommended.

City of Light
City of Light
by Lauren Belfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 4 July 2010
This review is from: City of Light (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. Great plot, characters and imagery. Really felt I was "in" the book. A great historical fiction.

Page: 1 | 2