Profile for Stella MN > Reviews

Content by Stella MN

Stella MN "VWGolf" (Nottingham United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
A King's Ransom
A King's Ransom

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, 8 July 2015
This review is from: A King's Ransom (Kindle Edition)
Great stuff from Kay Penman, as always.

The second part of Richard Lionheart's story, it was fascinating to read. There is a cast of thousands, and I sometimes found it difficult to remember them all. But then I realised that the important-to-the-story characters stay in your head and the others are bit part players, so it didn't matter if I could not remember them or which side they were on.

I had a similar problem with another book (non-fiction) that I have just read about William Marshall. Perhaps it's me who is just hopeless at remembering names if I can't put a face to them.

I have often thought that someone ought to make films of her books - wouldn't they be great?

Trixie Cat Activity Solitaire, 20 cm, White/ Blue
Trixie Cat Activity Solitaire, 20 cm, White/ Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 8 July 2015
The Boy loves it. Before I'd finished placing a Dreamie under each ball, he was busy knocking them off and helping himself to the treats!

But when I left him to play, I came back twenty minutes later to find not only had all the Dreamies gone, but so had the balls! I was just in time to see him aim the last one under the sideboard! As I'm currently on crutches following knee surgery, I cannot yet kneel down to retrieve the balls, so he'll have to wait! :-)

PetSafe Drinkwell Fountain Cleaning Kit
PetSafe Drinkwell Fountain Cleaning Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, 12 Jun. 2015
Don't bother buying the cleaning kit, as your PetSafe water fountain won't last long enough to be cleaned. After just seven months the fountain has packed up and Amazon does let you get a replacement if you've had it more than a month! Total waste of money!

Catit Design Senses Super Roller Circuit
Catit Design Senses Super Roller Circuit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, 16 April 2015
Great toy! I know some cats are not interested, but my Siamese was playing with it before I'd even finished building it!

When complete, he played with it for half an hour solid, then demolished the box it came in and is now fast sleep, presumably worn out!

I shall now leave it for him to play with whenever I go out, in the hopes that it might stop him on his mission to totally demolish the flat!

Catit Senses Food Maze
Catit Senses Food Maze

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 14 April 2015
This review is from: Catit Senses Food Maze (Misc.)
Great toy. My Siamese kitten worked out in a few moments how to get the cat treats out and he uses it every day. He was confined to a pen, waiting for his broken leg to heal, so I bought this for him as a distraction.

Highly recommended.

The Photoshop Workbook: Professional Retouching and Compositing Tips, Tricks, and Techniques
by Glyn Dewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 14 April 2015
Great book, but then I'd expect nothing less from Glyn Dewis. It goes hand-in-hand with his Youtube videos and is especially good for compositors.

Highly recommended.

niceEshop(TM) For Cameras and Flashes Tripod Black Clamp Multi-function Clamp with Ball Head
Offered by Cosy-Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item for photographers, 14 April 2015
Good item, strong enough to support a flashgun and trigger. The spring is quite tough for a woman's hands, but it does what I bought it for.

Steam, Smoke & Mirrors: with insights and extracts from the secret journals of  Professor Artemus More PhD (Cantab) FRS
Steam, Smoke & Mirrors: with insights and extracts from the secret journals of Professor Artemus More PhD (Cantab) FRS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 April 2015
Good read and something different, though there were I few irritating grammer mistakes and speech idioms that weren't Victorian (era when the book was set).

Nonetheless, I found it interesting and thought it might make a good film.

Inspired Wedding
Inspired Wedding
by Emma Arendoski

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 14 April 2015
This review is from: Inspired Wedding (Hardcover)
It's OK - very American. Some of the ideas in it are good, providing you have deep pockets.

I have passed it onto my next bride to be photographed.

Mynwood Cat Jacket/Harness Skulls Kitten up to 8month - Escape Proof
Mynwood Cat Jacket/Harness Skulls Kitten up to 8month - Escape Proof
Offered by Mynwood Cat Jackets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 14 April 2015
This is the third jacket I've bought for my cat from Mynwood. It's a perfect fit for him at nine months with room for him growing.

It has generous amounts of velcro on the chest and neck straps to make it virtually escape proof. My cat happily wears it, even when in the house, without his lead. He accepted it straightaway and it means I can take him for walks without the risk of him dashing into the busy road where I live.

The owner is a lovely friendly lady and I fully recommend her and her jackets :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10