ARRAY(0xa69b7060)

The Hunt
The Hunt
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Class New Band!, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Hunt (MP3 Download)
Saw these guys in Swansea when they supported The Answer on March 15th. Very tight band with some killer riffs. Scott Sharp's Vocals were also superb. His voice reminds me of a cross between Myles Kennedy and an early Axl Rose. They also seem to be influenced by the LA Strip sound of the late eighties although they don't venture, thankfully, into hair metal territory. I chatted with the band after the gig and they were very down to earth and kindly signed their album for me. It was a shame there weren't more people there to see them. The album is excellent and well worth the tenner I shelled out for it. I will definitely go and watch them again as they are one of the best new bands around today.

Libertad (Deluxe Limited Cd / DVD)
Libertad (Deluxe Limited Cd / DVD)
Price: 16.07

2.0 out of 5 stars Great album but wrong track listing!, 29 July 2013
This review is not for the album - I love it. The track listing is not correct. The songs "Messages" and "Psycho Killer" are not on the album. What you get is the "normal" Japanese edition and not the iTunes edition (which is where you will find the aforementioned tracks). The seller is giving me a refund without any issue, although they admitted that they didn't know what tracks were on the cd because they were in Japanese.....

Bula Quo!
Bula Quo!
Price: 4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking album, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bula Quo! (Audio CD)
It does seem that this album has divided the opinion of the nation (or at least the opinion of Quo fans). I'm not the only person who is thinking that this can't possibly be the worst Quo album. Anyone who does has surely not listened to all their work. They can't have. "Back to Back", "Ain't Complaining" "Perfect Remedy", "Thirsty Work" and "Famous in the Last Century"? In fact, every album from "1982" until "In Search of the Fourth Chord" has got some very dodgy tracks on it. I have to admit to being in two minds when I first heard "Bula Bula Quo" but I kept listening to it. Like them for it or not, they have a knack of writing and/or recording a catchy "pop" tune - if you know your Quo history then you already know this. If not, then listen to their first two albums (and I don't mean "Piledriver" and "Hello") or the music they recorded as The Spectres and Traffic Jam. This album has a very large variety of song styles, is very well produced and, most importantly, the songs are well written. Well done the Quo!

El Pistolero
El Pistolero
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 11.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb second helping!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: El Pistolero (Audio CD)
If you are a fan of their debut then you won't be disappointed by this release. Not a dull track in sight! Excellent!!!

Power and Volume
Power and Volume
Price: 11.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Swedish Stunner!, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Power and Volume (Audio CD)
I became aware of this band from Classic Rock magazine, who wrote a review of their debut gig in London. I liked what I read and did the next logical thing and found their videos on YouTube. A couple of reviews said that the singer wasn't very good, which just goes to show that some people don't really understand rock music. Think of a combination of Bon Scott and Brian Johnson and you're not far from the truth. This has to be one of the best debut recordings I have heard - and I have listened to a lot of rock music over the last 25 years or so. They are definitely influenced by British bands - the rhythm section sound like Entwistle and Moon - and there isn't a filler track in sight. If you like rock music (and I mean honest rock music) then do yourself a favour and buy this cd. You won't be disappointed.

Nine Lives
Nine Lives
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic band!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Nine Lives (Audio CD)
I've been reading reviews for a few years now but this is the first time that I've been compelled to write one. They are without doubt one of the finest bands around today. This album covers an array of styles and you will find yourself listening to it again and again and each time picking up on something new. Bands that seem to have influenced them include Yes, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd and Muse. The first track, Insomniac, also reminds me of Soundgarden, while Lost In Time could be from the first Sabbath album. I could probably write the same review for all their other albums (five including this one, although their debut, called Experience, is very hard to find).

I saw them play in Cardiff on the 6th and they were note perfect. Mikko's range and power reminds me of Chris Cornell and Myles Kennedy. The music was also slightly heavier, including a chunky version of King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man. The only criticism was that they didn't play for longer. I also met two of the brothers (Mikko and Kie) after the gig and they were very nice chaps indeed! All I can say is do yourselves a favour and at least make an effort to listen to them (plenty of videos on YouTube, including cracking versions of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody and Don't Stop Me Now). If you do then the chances are that you will end up buying all of their music - like I did. I simply can't understand why they are not bigger in the UK than they are at the moment. As Mikko said to me on Saturday - "Spread the word my friend".
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2014 11:05 PM GMT