Profile for poppytt > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Frames
Frames

5.0 out of 5 stars its a grower....., 27 May 2014
This review is from: Frames (Audio CD)
I bought this album off the back of The Blackbird song featured on Walking Dead. Its not that I was initially disappointed, but none of the tracks here have the impact and atmosphere of The Blackbird Song which is the only track I have ever made a point to locate and download after hearing on the TV. Having said that, keep listening. It has a was of sneaking itself into your favourites list to the point where you look back and think 'how did I not realise this was so good first time round?' Knowing that this album was made before The Blackbird Song, only makes me look forward to the next album even more.

Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Untouchable [DVD] (2011)
Dvd ~ François Cluzet

5.0 out of 5 stars What subtitles?, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Untouchable [DVD] (2011) (DVD)
This is a beautiful film based (and its important to say that as the real life protagonists have a slightly different story) on the true story of a wealthily french paraplegic & his carer. It is incredibly funny, and despite its subject, not at all insulting or degrading. It draws you in so much that you really do forget that you are reading subtitles throughout. I've uploaded this to my iPad so i can watch it again and again when i travel. brilliant.

Saving Hope: Season 1 [DVD]
Saving Hope: Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Erica Durance

5.0 out of 5 stars Where is season 2??????, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Saving Hope: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Great. Not quite in the ER league of hospital drama's, but easy watching and as season 2 has already aired in Canada, I'm keeping an eye out for its UK DVD release.

GROHE Skate Air Horizontal WC Wall Plate - Chrome
GROHE Skate Air Horizontal WC Wall Plate - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, 19 Mar 2014
Clearly, there was a problem with the last reviewers purchase, but this was not the case with mine. I was worried after reading his review, but the item came as described with the 'button' and plate surround. Our only issue was that we ordered it for next day delivery, which didn't happen, but Amazon apologised and speedily refunded the delivery charge, and as the item arrived the next morning, it really didn't cause too much hassle. I have to say that I was a little surprised when getting to the page for this review, as since my purchase a week ago, this item has gone from £28 to £59, so quite pleased i purchased when I did!

Sway
Sway

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm & Beautiful, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sway (Audio CD)
WhenI first came across Blue October, I made sure I had everything, and pretty much loved everything too. The press releases for Sway all say that the band 'all feel like they're in a good place right now', and it shows. Sway feels like a beautiful sigh in the running order, a satisfied pause where you look back to see how far you've travelled, come to terms with all the **** that went down, and realise that life really is quite good right now. It's going to grow on you the more you play it, and its going to be one that you listen to in order to wind down from a hell of a day (or week!), with a glass of whatever makes you feel good.

Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Offered by Technology Geek's

1.0 out of 5 stars WAS a good all-rounder....., 9 April 2013
Having started up my own company, I needed something which was (almost) all things to all men, whilst not being too big. This printer fits the bill perfectly, and with the ability to do double sided printing, it also saves paper. The feed on the top is also great when scanning a few documents. The wireless functionality can be a little hit and miss and i've waited quite a few minutes before my mac has been able to find the printer, and the printing is not terribly crisp, which is why it only gets 4 stars.

Its now August 2014 - 15 months since printer installation, and time for an update. This printer is temperamental in terms of when it wants to print over the wifi - your computer will tell you a printer is not connected, yet your iPhone or iPad will print perfectly ok. But the worse thing is that this afternoon, my Epson decided that it has a phantom paper jam. I say phantom because I've been inside & out and there is NO WAY there is any paper in it. But it will not do anything other that ask me to clear it. Epson say that i should have it serviced/repaired, online forums say its probably a sensor error. After a lengthy online chat with epson, they wash their hands and say out of warranty, tough, go get it repaired. They were also keen to point out that they make robust and quality products but after my experience, this is clearly not the case.

Pretty poor considering that I am not a heavy user. I expect 'quality' purchases to last more that just over a year. Think VERY carefully before buying this printer.Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing

The Calvin And Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book
The Calvin And Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book
by Bill Watterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Childish - Hell Yes!, 10 Dec 2012
Brilliant coffee table fodder for a lazy sunday with nothing better to do. Always makes me smile, and its great to get a bit more of an insight into the featured strips from Bill Watterson. Sadly only 4 stars as its too big to take out of the house to the coffee shop, or read on a plane, or take on vacation.

Any Man In America
Any Man In America

5.0 out of 5 stars poignant, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Any Man In America (Audio CD)
a set of songs borne out of a situation too many of us find ourselves or our loved ones in. Blue is very lucky to have such a gifted father and will be able to one day go back to a point in time and understand exactly how it felt, and know she was, and i'm sure IS, loved.
Another great cd from BO. Whats not to like?

Argue With A Tree
Argue With A Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT MIX OF TRACKS, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Argue With A Tree (Audio CD)
this is a great cd for all those fans who can't get hold of the early stuff, like 'calling you'. Nicely balanced between the music & the live links between songs. If you haven't got any Blue October yet, this is a great introduction, and you'll definitely be wanting to add earlier cd's such as 'Consent to treatment' & 'Foiled'

The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
by Rachel Khoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 14 April 2012
I really can't understand the reviews that complain about the narrative and the pictures - the narratives are of a reasonable length and nicely informative, and the pictures make the book feel complete. I am not (and my husband and friends will agree with this!) a star in the kitchen, but after seeing a couple of Rachels programmes on the TV and her approach to cooking, I feel inspired to give it a go. After receiving the book yesterday, I've already earmarked several recipes to try! This book is great and I am really looking forward to spending productive time in the kitchen!

Page: 1 | 2