Profile for Michael G. Mappin > Reviews

Content by Michael G. Mappin

Michael G. Mappin (Hanwell, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Master Class Electronic Gas Hob and Cooker Lighter, 23 cm (9 inch)
Master Class Electronic Gas Hob and Cooker Lighter, 23 cm (9 inch)

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a great little gadget, 6 Sept. 2015
It's a great little gadget, but I've bought two over the past couple of years, as a fairly flimsy internal structure seems to make bits prone to falling off. I really love what it does, but I wish it was tougher.

iPhone 6 Screen Protector, JETech® [3D Touch Compatible] Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s Newest Model 4.7
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars feels good to the touch and is more scratch-resistant than anything ..., 6 Sept. 2015
I've tried several screen protectors. This outshines the rest, as it's ultra-clear, feels good to the touch and is more scratch-resistant than anything I've used previously. No, it doesn't go right to the edge of the phone, but as the iPhone 6 curves at the edges, any screen protector that extended further than this one would no doubt have peeling-off issues.

EasyAcc 2nd Gen Colorful 10000mAh Power Bank Brilliant External Battery pack (2.4A Smart Output) Portable Charger for iPhone Samsung HTC Smartphones Tablets - White and Gray
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars It's small for what it does - just a little larger than my phone - and looks smart too. I feel it's an excellent compromise betw, 6 Sept. 2015
I can get one full recharge (from 7% to 100%) of my iPad mini, plus one full recharge of my iPhone 6 from this battery. It takes about 7 hours for the unit to charge up, which I don't think is excessive. It's small for what it does - just a little larger than my phone - and looks smart too. I feel it's an excellent compromise between size and power output.

Rentokil Advanced Mouse Trap Pack of 2
Rentokil Advanced Mouse Trap Pack of 2
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Peanut butter is the best bait., 5 Sept. 2015
Sadly all too effective. Peanut butter is the best bait.

Short Stories for Long Journeys
Short Stories for Long Journeys

1.0 out of 5 stars as I'm sure the ideas behind the stories are fine, but this selection is evidence that self-publishing does ..., 5 Sept. 2015
I wish I could write a review about the actual stories, but I found reading them too stressful: incorrect punctuation and a disregard for something as basic as the paragraph caused me to give up after three pages. I'm really sorry if Richard Wilson reads this, as I'm sure the ideas behind the stories are fine, but this selection is evidence that self-publishing does not always benefit either author or reader. My journey would have to be particularly long before I would risk a second attempt.

Cabin Max Berlin - Lightweight Max allowance expandable carry on trolley suitcase. 55 x 40 x 20 cm expandable to 55 x 40 x 25 cm 1.8kg 55 litres
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks so large and so much can fit inside ..., 10 Feb. 2015
It looks so large and so much can fit inside! I was certain that EasyJet would query the size, so I tried it out (twice to make sure) in those airport luggage-measuring-things, and sure enough it fitted. The check-in staff didn't even bat an eyelid. The only thing to watch is the handle: in order to reduce the overall size, the handle fits completely inside the case, the slot being closed with a zip. This slot opens directly into the case's interior, so when it's zipped shut (with the handle inside) all is well. However, when the handle is extended, the zip (obviously) can't fully close, so you have to be sure that items inside the case don't poke out. I've taken this case as hand luggage with BA, Lufthansa, Germanwings and EasyJet.

Wooden Composter Large
Wooden Composter Large

5.0 out of 5 stars It had to be sturdy, but easy to put together, 10 Feb. 2015
I wanted something substantial, but that didn't draw the attention. It had to be sturdy, but easy to put together. About 5 minutes after it arrived, I had the ideal compost box. It sits under a tree in the corner of the garden, and because the treated wood is natural in colour, it blends in perfectly. I have a smallish lawn (15m x 5m) and this box has easily accommodated a whole year's grass clippings along with other garden trimmings.

Roughneck 64352 Railroad Pick Head 5lb F/glass Handle
Roughneck 64352 Railroad Pick Head 5lb F/glass Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and sturdy (what is it about yellow that seems so serious, 10 Feb. 2015
Well built and sturdy (what is it about yellow that seems so serious?). I was a bit worried about it not having a wooden handle, but it has taken everything I threw at it: clearing old concrete; digging up old roots; making trenches. In fact, it made me feel like a real workman (I kept having to stop for cups of tea).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hard week looming in front of the whiteboard? ..., 10 Feb. 2015
Another hard week looming in front of the whiteboard? OFSTED in the offing? I'm a teacher, and I can reveal that the advice on this mug is engraved on every teacher's heart, and what's closer to a teacher's heart than a cup of coffee? The smile on the recipient's lips may be a wry one, but it'll be there.

"I'm Not So Good With Advice..." Novelty Gift Mug - MugsnKisses Collection - Birthday, Christmas, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Work Colleague Gift
Offered by JMS Photos

5.0 out of 5 stars Rather well made too - good quality AND appropriate, 10 Feb. 2015
You DEFINITELY know someone for whom this mug has been made. Rather well made too - good quality AND appropriate.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4