Profile for gaglen > Reviews

Content by gaglen

gaglen

SKS Distribution® LG Optimus L5 E610 BLACK Penguin Cute Animal Silicone / Skin / Case / Cover / Shell / Protector / Mobile / Phone / Smartphone / Accessories.
Offered by SKS Distribution® LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful little case, 15 July 2013
It won't really protect your phone if you drop it or save your screen from scratches but it's quite cute. The wings can make it a pain to get the phone out of your pocket quickly but if it's in your bag then it's fine.
Personally for me, it was a frivolous purchase, I didn't buy it as protection for the phone so I am completely happy with it.

AmazonBasics Camera Case for Digital Cameras / Point & Shoot - Black Neoprene
AmazonBasics Camera Case for Digital Cameras / Point & Shoot - Black Neoprene

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it's job, 15 July 2013
Bought this for 66p so I wasn't expecting miracles.
It has one main pocket for the camera itself and two smaller pockets where you could easily hold an extra battery, a spare SD card and the camera-to-PC cable. I was quite impressed with this since a lot of the cheaper camera cases don't have a pocket so you have to find separate storage for your peripherals.
The design team didn't strain themselves over this one but it's relatively well-made and holds the camera successfully, which is really all I ask of a camera case.
It is a really cheap item, it does exactly what is expected of it so, unless you feel that you need a hard case for your camera, or are really bothered about aesthetics, I don't see why you would pay more for something that will essentially do the same thing.

Canon IXUS 240 HS Digital Camera with Wi-Fi - Pink (16.1 MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.2 inch LCD
Offered by PANDY

4.0 out of 5 stars IXUS 240 HS, 15 July 2013
Have been using this camera for a fortnight now and am generally very pleased with it. The battery is slightly better than described- I've taken 300 photos and transferred them to my ipad over wi-fi this weekend and the battery still has some juice left (not much, though).
The pictures it takes are of excellent quality. My photographer friend was surprised some of them had been taken on a regular point and shoot. I especially like the macro photos it takes, very nice softening of the background.
The wi-fi option is great for quickly transferring photos to devices. I haven't used it with my PC but the connection to my ipad is very simple. You just download a free app from Canon, open it, connect your camera to your home wi-fi, give both devices a name and they talk to each other very effectively. You can only transfer up to 50 photos at a time, and you have to tick each one separately to select it for uploading but it is soooo much more convenient than the traditional take-your-card-out-of-the-camera-then-stick-it-in-your-PC method.
The only complaint I have is that the 5x optical zoom is too little. I have found myself several times really wishing I could get closer to my subject and the zoom just lets me down. It would be the perfect point-and-shoot camera if it had a more powerful zoom.
Overall, I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who wants a nice little camera to take photos of family and friends and general subjects with and be guaranteed of great results (almost) every time. However, if you think that you may want to regularly take photos of scenery involving zooming I would consider another camera with a bigger zoom.

Dr Martens Women's Jenny Boot Tan 13418220 4 UK
Dr Martens Women's Jenny Boot Tan 13418220 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase, 25 Jun. 2013
Simple, classic boot. Easy to put on, take off and very warm thanks to the faux sheepskin lining. Should be useful for autumn in Siberia.

Caterpillar Women's Cheltzie Boots, Chocolate, 4 UK
Caterpillar Women's Cheltzie Boots, Chocolate, 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 25 Jun. 2013
Comfortable, nice-looking, not as heavy as they look. Can be worn with jeans, skirts, whatever really. I am happy with them.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, 25 Jun. 2013
Boots delivered swiftly, great service. Nice-looking boots, comfortable and sturdy. The only reason they don't get 5 stars is that the insole adhesive is poor and after I walked on them all day it slipped and now comes to a peak in the middle. It happened in both boots so it must be that they cut corners on their glue suppliers. Not a problem for me as I'm a size 3 but bought a size 4 so have space for a thicker insole but could be unfortunate for others.