Profile for G. Birkett > Reviews

Content by G. Birkett

G. Birkett (Lincoln, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Edge of Sanity (Edge Novels)
Edge of Sanity (Edge Novels)
by Shannon K. Butcher

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow up to the previous..., 31 Dec 2012
I love the Edge Novels. Edge of Sanity is a wonderful, on the 'edge' of your seat novel. I don't want to give away too much. I will say that Clay is perfect in his imperfection. Even as messed up as Clay is, the real man always shows through. Leigh, the doc tricked into keeping watch over Clay in order to see her imprisoned brother, she is firey and can certainly keep Clay in line. I loved the loyalty Shannon K Butcher gave to this character. The romance that develops between Clay and Leigh is intense...and wow, girl can write a love scene....

The Trouble with Paradise (Berkley Sensation)
The Trouble with Paradise (Berkley Sensation)
by Jill Shalvis

5.0 out of 5 stars Jill Shalvis once again a hit!!, 24 Jan 2011
Dorie Anderson wants to be in fashion design but cant get a break. She is working at a dead end job at a shop. Then, luck comes her way, she wins a chance of a lifetime trip to Fiji. Her first boarding of the ship, lands her on her backside in front of two very handsome men.

The two men vying for her attention are a pro baseball player and the ships doctor. When Dorie sees a man she thinks is being pushed overboard when the ship caught in a dangerous storm, her dream trip takes a bad turn.

Dr. Christian Montague is just putting in his time working as the ships doctor. Christian cannot afford to be attracted to a passenger but there is something about the unconventional Dorie that catches his eye. When they share a passionate kiss it really rocks his world.

Dorie is quirkey and funny, that you cant help but love her. The doctor is just plain yummy!!

If you want a romance, that puts a smile on your face,this is the book for you
!!

Shameless (Banning Sisters Trilogy)
Shameless (Banning Sisters Trilogy)
by Karen Robards

5.0 out of 5 stars Third in this brilliant trilogy, 24 Aug 2010
It took a long time coming, but well worth the wait. The usual brilliance that you expect from Karen Robards. If you enjoyed the first two, this is even better

Hunting Julian (The Gatherers)
Hunting Julian (The Gatherers)
by Jacquelyn Frank

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 12 May 2010
The previous people who reviewed this book, said the story line. I would like to add.
I read this type of novel, vampire, shapeshifter, other worlders etc, they are not real, they are for entertainment. I enjoyed it, it is impossible to happen, of course it is. I can get real life any time, any day.If you want action, a villain and a hero, the girl who gets the good guy in the end, this is for you. If you dont like that kind of story line, look else where. JF writes books that are not the norm, they are original. That is why they are fun to read
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2010 10:03 PM BST

A Rogue of My Own
A Rogue of My Own
by Johanna Lindsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner for Johanna Lindsey, 27 Jun 2009
This review is from: A Rogue of My Own (Hardcover)
I love Johanna's books, and always buy as soon as there is a new one listed. This is a follow on from 'The Devil Who Tamed Her', the link being that Raphael is Ruperts cousin.
I loved the book, I always like 'the thrill of the chase', and was not disappointed. Rebecca couldnt resist him, he was such a charmer. Rupert was sexy and funny, a really likable character, that no woman could resist.She was trying so hard to be imune, I had to smile. The story was brilliant, and reminded me a lot of her previous books. I do enjoy the intrigue.
Of course, I enjoy the Malory Family, but I have enjoyed all her other books too, her really early books written years ago. This story is not linked to the Malorys at all. It has a charm all of its own
This type of story holds my interest, I could not put it down
Well done, Johanna.....do we really have to wait another year for a new book???

Into the Shadow (Darkness Chosen (Signet))
Into the Shadow (Darkness Chosen (Signet))
by Christina Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant follow up, 7 July 2008
This was yet another great book in the series!! Loved it, cant wait for the fourth!!!

Lots of twists and turns to keep me totally enthralled.

Marked by Moonlight
Marked by Moonlight
by Sharie Kohler

5.0 out of 5 stars I like shapeshifter books, 6 Mar 2008
I really enjoyed this. I know the current Lycan shapeshifter books has them as the good guys, but in this they were not, well at first. It was fun to have a different take on them, to the current romances of it all 'happens' on a full moon.
Claire Morgan is a teacher looking for a missing student in her class, when she's attacked by a werewolf (or Lycan). Gideon March kills the animal but not before Claire's infected. He knows he should kill her too, but for the first time in his life he wants to save a lycan from the fate that awaits her at the next full moon.
As Claire and Gideon race against time to find and kill the Alpha of the lycan pack and free Claire, a romance begins to develop
I loved the romance between the two and recommend this to anyone. Especially is you enjoy a book a bit different to 'normal'
I can hardly wait for the next installment

Mine to Possess
Mine to Possess
by Nalini Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 18 Feb 2008
I cant add more than the other reviews, other than to say this is a brilliant addition to the series. The emotion between Talin ( Tally) and Clay is intense and passionate. The story line is perfect. All the previous characters from the other stories in this series play a key part and are as enjoyable as ever.Often a smile at the quick one word by - plays. I loved it!!

Nauti Nights: 2 (Nauti Boys)
Nauti Nights: 2 (Nauti Boys)
by Lora Leigh

5.0 out of 5 stars Always gets it right, 20 Nov 2007
I loved this book. There is lots of non stop action, the story line is very good ( dont know what book the other reader reviewed) and of course the love scenes are hot hot hot. I love the Nauti boys, and this book only re affirms my reasons.LL never lets her readers down, I look forward to more from this series.

Dark Seduction (Masters of Time)
Dark Seduction (Masters of Time)
by Brenda Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Its not the usual Brenda Joyce, 21 Sep 2007
She has tried something new. Usually Brenda Joyce writes brilliant historical novels, in this novel she has tried something different. I happen to like the paranormal change! If you like good versus evil, a couple of curses thrown in, and a gorgeous hunk coming to drag you back in time, because he cant bare to leave you behind, buy this. You wont be dis appointed

Page: 1 | 2