Profile for peterj > Reviews

Content by peterj

peterj

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks tidy, 1 Jun 2012
Used two of these to feed power and hdmi etc to smart tv.

Does what it says on the box and makes the job look really tidy

Highly recommend

VonHaus by Designer Habitat PREMIUM Slim TV Wall Bracket for 33 - 60 inch LCD, LED & Plasma TV. Super-strength Load Capacity up to 75KG, 15 degree Tilt mechanism up/down, Max VESA 660x450
Offered by Designer Habitat

5.0 out of 5 stars Man enough for the job, 1 Jun 2012
Bought this to mount my 47" Panasonic LED. Couldn't believe the price when comparing with other in stores etc but put faith in the reviews and was extremely happy when I received it.
Strong, easy to mount on wall (integral spirit level handy and pretty accurate) and complete with everything to attach to TV.
Highly recommend++++

T 715 X 3 MULTIPACK + T 711 X 4 - EPSON COMPATIBLE Ink Cartridges for Epson Stylus SX415 - ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH D120, D78, D92, DX400, DX4000, DX4050, DX4400, DX4450, DX5000, DX5050, DX6000, DX6050, DX7000, DX7400, DX7450, DX8400, DX8450, DX9400F, S20, S21, SX100, SX105, SX110, SX115, SX200, SX205, SX209, SX210, SX215, SX400, SX405, SX410, SX415, SX515W, SX600F, BX300F, BX310FN, BX600FW Printers - Latest Version Double Capacity Inks - T 715 T 891 T 892 T 893 T 894 T 895 T 711 T 712 T 713 T 714 T 715 (Contains 8X Black / T 711 4X Cyan / T 712 4X Magenta / T 713 4X Yellow / T 714) - Multipack ***By TriINKs***
Offered by Triangle MMA

5.0 out of 5 stars VFM, 27 April 2012
Delivered very fast and it does what it says on the box. Have used this product before and will again as it is the best price I can find on the internet

DIGIFLEX Wireless Internal Pinhole Lens CCTV Security Camera 380TV CMOS Sensor
DIGIFLEX Wireless Internal Pinhole Lens CCTV Security Camera 380TV CMOS Sensor
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as they say, 23 April 2012
I bought this product over twelve months ago to be used in a blue tit nesting box (even though they say internal use). Didn't put a review in early as I wanted to see how well it worked over time.
It is located on a tree next to our garage and even though this is close the mains cable wasn't long eneough but it was easily extended using speaker cable. Sealed the unit well in the box to keep weather out.
Last year we watched the birds building the nest, sitting on eggs and watched the young birds grow until they flew the nest.
Picture quality isn't great until sufficient light gets into the box then picture is as good as expected. There is sound (at least on my unit) and it is quite sensitive (picking up passing cars and horses).
Wasn't sure how this would have coped with the winter, but was happily amazed when turned it on this year and it is working as new. Would highly recommend as long as there is sufficient light for it to operate.

One For All URC 7110 Essence TV Universal remote
One For All URC 7110 Essence TV Universal remote

5.0 out of 5 stars super easy set up, 18 Feb 2012
My Sony remote was getting tired on certain buttons and we tried to use an old "one for all" remote but couldn't get it to sync with our 5 year old Sony.

Bought this as we only wanted it for the TV and was amazed at the new simpleset process. First time it didn't match all the button functions especially teletext control but second time was full match. Total time for set up was less than two minutes.
Very impressed!!

Remote is quite sturdy, less obvious than old bulky remotes and totally functional.

George Foreman 12205 6 Portion Entertaining Removable Plates Grill - Silver
George Foreman 12205 6 Portion Entertaining Removable Plates Grill - Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars not as hot as george, 10 Dec 2011
disappointed with this george. Have had to send back to amazon for a replacement due to it cutting out once it reached temp and didn't cut back in. New one is better but still losers a lot of heatnwhen opened to put food in and takes 10 mins to heat up. One plus point is the detachable plates which makes cleaning an easy chore

PURE Contour, Dock for iPod and iPhone with DAB/FM/Internet Radio and Video Out (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by DavinaJayne

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure sound from many sources, 1 Dec 2011
I bought this on a black friday deal so it was fantastic value for money(under £100 against Argos at £199) and I couldn't justify a Bose dock as I can always plug my ipod into the Bose CD stack through Aux 2. This was for another room and the sound is very good from all sources. The ipod sits well in the dock and sounds great, DAB radio is as good as you expect and it has opened the world of internet radio to me which I find really good as some stations have very few or no adverts.

Well packaged in the box it arrived very quickly (thank you amazon, as usual), was very easy to set up on the internet, and everything else is just press the button.

The sound quality is very good and balanced to my unrefined ear and full volume if beyond anything that we require so overall I cannot fault this piece of kit. I have only had it a few days days so cannot comment on its durability and longevity but we will be taking it with us when we travel so it will be interesting to see how durable it is when it gets a few bumps etc.

Overall I am more than happy with my purchase and would recommend it to everyone

66Fit Sitting/Wheelchair Gel Cushion - Blue/White, 40 X 45 X 7 cm
66Fit Sitting/Wheelchair Gel Cushion - Blue/White, 40 X 45 X 7 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't have a pain in the butt, 12 Aug 2011
My wife has one of these cushions with her wheelchair and finds it really comfortable and wouldn't be without it.

I bought another one for my mum who is in a rest home and therefore sits for most of the day. She has found it a godsend and uses it permanently.

Price on amazon was a lot less than we paid in a mobility shop and therefore was great value for money even if it is more expensive than other cushions.

Night Like This
Night Like This

2.0 out of 5 stars Too little for too much, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Night Like This (Audio CD)
Didn't realise that this was only two tracks as the price was disproportionate for this amount of music - less than 8 minutes.

With regards to the music Caro has a lovely voice and the two tracks are really good and therefore I would have liked to hear more for my money, but I won't be sending it back. Next time I might look at a download option.

Konig Digital Freeview Scart Receiver
Konig Digital Freeview Scart Receiver

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 8 Jan 2011
I wanted this for a wall mounted TV where i didn't want a box or cables showing and it is ideal in this situation. Easy to fit and set up although instructions are useless but not needed.
As others have pointed out there is no teletext service. This doesn't bother me as it is a TV in the gym, but I would be cheesed off if I wanted this as it isn't clear in the spec.
My only problem has been:
I left it on for a few days with the tv switched off and when I went back it had turned itself off. When turned back on the unit wouldn't pick up a signal (green light on the IR receiver flashing). Once I powered it off (pulled out power lead) and back on everything OK.
Would recommend for certain installations but would go other routes for others.