Profile for hmsoapy > Reviews

hmsoapy (Scotland)

Nikon Coolpix S510 Digital Camera - Silver
Nikon Coolpix S510 Digital Camera - Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 19 Oct 2009
For such a quality name, I was thoroughly disappointed with my Coolpix S510 camera. Here are my pros and cons

Pros
-Very lightweight and easy to carry in a pocket or handbag
-Relatively easy to manage the different functions

Cons
-No matter what I have tried, most of my indoor pictures have circular orb shapes distorting the images
-All of my indoor photos are grainy and dark (I have tried many different settings and changed the ISO setting and everything- nothing works)
-A lot of my pictures end up being blurry. I do have a steady hand and I am used to taking a lot of photographs, so I don't understand why these ones are different.

I would honestly give this camera a miss and buy something else. I haven't had it for very long and already I have replaced it with a different make and model. This camera is just so frustrating!

Grey's Anatomy: The Video Game (Wii)
Grey's Anatomy: The Video Game (Wii)
Offered by Games Heaven
Price: 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 11 May 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game as I thought that it would maybe be a bit like the sims too (like the reviewer before me.) I am a huge Grey's fan, but this game is just not great. All you are required to do is watch cartoon episodes of Grey's (ones which I also don't follow very much as they are very slow) and every few seconds are set a mini challenge- like clear the doubt from Merediths mind, where you just need to move some pictures of another character of the top of her face. They all seem pointless. You are also set surgeries- such as by pressing 'A' on your wii remote controller to inject someone and little things like that.

I am thoroughly disappointed in this game as it really isn't much of a game, and the mini challenges really aren't very challenging.

My advice would be to avoid this game at all costs as it just seems like an excuse for a game.

Philips CD2452S/05 Twin DECT Telephone with Digital Answerphone
Philips CD2452S/05 Twin DECT Telephone with Digital Answerphone

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible- don't buy!, 29 April 2009
I bought this phone in June '08 and immediately I didn't like it- the volume is very quiet and you can hardly hear the person on the other end of the line, even when the volume is at its highest. You also have to key in every telephone number twice as you need to enter them into each phone separately.

I thought that the phone would have lasted a while, although it doesn't work at all anymore and only displays 'searching'. I have had someone look at them, but apparently they can't be fixed as the basestation is broken. Grrrr! So, if you want a phone to last long term, (and longer that 10 months) don't buy this phone! I'm very disappointed.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Paris
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Paris
by Mike Gerrard

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative!, 28 Jun 2008
I bought this book just before visiting Paris in April. It was very informative, containing just the right amount of information. It is a great size as it is light enough and small enough so you don't mind carrying it around with you (some of guides I have bought in the past have been so heavy!) My group stuck to the top ten things to see as we were only there for a couple of days. It was ideal! It has a few maps and underground map too which were very helpful.