Profile for Hil > Reviews

Content by Hil

Hil "moonlighting54" (Somerset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sashenka
Sashenka

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read!, 23 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sashenka (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant story and well written. Loved it and have read it twice now. Don't think it'll be the last time either!

Engraving Glass
Engraving Glass
by Boyd Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful book, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Engraving Glass (Paperback)
Although this is quite an old publication I found this book really useful to a beginner like me. The book starts with the equipment you need and then takes you gradually through a few exercises. Just what's needed when you've barely done any glass engraving! I have only done one of the exercises so far but I found it challenging yet manageable. Can't wait to try some more! I would highly recommend this book to beginners who want real instruction.

Twice Born
Twice Born

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Twice Born (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished reading this very poignant tale and though it is very sad I felt the quality of the writing and the intricate story full of memorable characters will stay with me for a long time. I loved this book and the writing style of the author. Can't wait to read more from this author.

Dear Sister
Dear Sister

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed very much, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Dear Sister (Kindle Edition)
I've just finished reading this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The story is unusual and the characters feel very real. I have given it 4 out of 5 stars not because there is anything wrong with the book but because I would only give 5 stars to my very favourite books, so don't be put off by this as I would highly recommend this as a captivating and very interesting story.

Pink Floyd Bar Stool
Pink Floyd Bar Stool

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Pink Floyd Bar Stool
My son wanted this so he could sit on it while playing his guitar. He is really pleased with it though I thought it was rather overpriced.

The Woman in White
The Woman in White

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it!, 10 Feb 2013
I usually read books very quickly, but this book took me a lot longer to read than normal - this was for two reasons, one that I was really busy that week and also because it is quite hard reading. However, it was definitely worth the trouble. Really enjoyed the book and thought it was really well written. It is certainly a classic and I would certainly recommend it to you if you don't mind persevering a bit more than you might usually do.

Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 11 Sep 2012
I finished reading this book a few minutes ago and had to come straight on here to tell you how much I enjoyed it. It was very hard to put down and I had to force myself to turn off my kindle last night so I could get some sleep - then I woke up early, thinking about the book and started reading straight away! Glad it was my day off or I'd have struggled to get the plot off my mind while at work. I advise you to read it as it's very entertaining and well written.

Before I Die
Before I Die

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual, but excellent!, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: Before I Die (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book even though I wasn't sure that I was going to. The subject of the book is obviously sad and the book is very very sad in places, but mostly it is unusual, surprising and surprisingly full of life! It wasn't the best book I've ever read but I found it a very compelling read. A book more of hope than despair - and lots of humour in it too.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 17 Oct 2011
I love my new kindle! I was one of the sceptics about a kindle versus a real book as I absolutely adore books. However, when I saw my friends Kindle I knew that I wanted one. And I love it! Yes I know it doesn't have the feel of a book (which I have to say I rather miss) but it is so easy to hold and read that it's a joy to use. I used to struggle reading in the evenings in our lounge with just the wall lights on but no more. The screen is wonderful to read from and of course you can change the text size to suit yourself. The range of kindle books on Amazon is great with loads of classics actually free and downloading a book takes about a minute. You can download just a taster of any kindle book for free just to make sure the book is what you want too, which is really useful. The battery seems to last and last as well, which is great. It doesn't bother me that I didn't get the 3G one as I can't see the point in that as I can't imagine a time when you would need 3G access to books anyway. This really is an excellent product and I would say that if you're at all tempted, go ahead and buy one. You won't regret it!

Bags with Style
Bags with Style
by Stephanie Kimura

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bags!, 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: Bags with Style (Paperback)
I had wanted this book for ages so decided to treat myself the other day, and I have to say I am not a bit disappointed. This book is wonderful and I adore most of the bags in it. I hope to get round to making a few of them, but even if I don't, I shall not regret buying this book as I love to browse through it.

Page: 1 | 2