Profile for A. Shearer-Collie > Reviews

Brand Anarchy: Managing Corporate Reputation
Brand Anarchy: Managing Corporate Reputation
by Stephen Waddington

5.0 out of 5 stars Crucial Reading.....ignore at your peril, 22 Jun. 2012
Over the years many PR's have attempted to write books about the industry, in my experience most of them have read like academic text books and consequently I never get past the first few chapters. Pointless drivel.

Brand Anarchy, however, is very different. I honestly couldn't put it down. I even found myself taking it with me, tucked in my bag in case I could squeeze in some reading time during my day. The thing I liked most about it was that I didn't feel like I was being taught a lesson in PR, it discusses the crucial influence of social media and its impact on the PR industry by referencing notable case studies whilst also giving useful pointers throughout.

It is important to note that this is not just a book for PR's and Marketeer's. If you have a business then you will be aware of the importance of 'public image', the way your stakeholders view your company. This book is a must have - and I do not say that lightly.

As a PR man I use this a my industry bible and it will always have a designed space on my work desk.