Profile for Ed73491 > Reviews

Bread: River Cottage Handbook No. 3
by Daniel Stevens
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, but really effective recipes, 28 May 2013
the first 40 ish pages of this book are all about core bread making skills, kneading, proving, a base recipe. I'd already been baking bread regularly, but I've found the information in this book has taught me a lot and I particularly like the core dough recipe that's easy to remember and can be applied to any bread (that I've made so far).

Fanfares
Fanfares
Price: 4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars really like the style of ths music., 28 May 2013
This review is from: Fanfares (MP3 Download)
found it after hearing one of the tracks on a Jamie Cullum Radio 2 show. Hopefully that indicates that type of jazz music that I like listening to.

Panasonic Viera TX-L37D25B 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview HD and Freesat HD (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 17 Oct 2010
This is the first LCD TV I've owned and I really expected it to have a nice picture, but with some motion blur on fast images (particularly football games). Well, I've had no such trouble - a real surprise. The picture is excellent, lovely colours, sharp images and no trouble when things get moving quickly. Its genuinely better than my old CRT. My only gripe has been two light blooms that are visible on the right hand edge of the screen when that side of the screen is dark but there are bright images elsewhere on screen. However, that's a fairly minor niggle as I only notice them when I'm specifically looking for them - they've not detracted from my viewing yet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2010 10:29 AM GMT

Western Western Digital My Book Edition II 2TB Dual Drive Network Storage
Western Western Digital My Book Edition II 2TB Dual Drive Network Storage

5.0 out of 5 stars working nicely, 17 Oct 2010
Got this setup to play music over my Sonos system. Its working perfectly currently. Does exactly what it says on the tin so can only recommend it.

Sonos CONNECT:AMP - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly ZP120)
Sonos CONNECT:AMP - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly ZP120)
Price: 399.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music player, 19 Aug 2010
Had this for a month or so now. It produces a wonderful sound paired with some Diamond 10.1 speakers. Sound quality is surprisingly good despite the relatively low quality mp3's I'm playing through it. The iTouch driven controller works really nicely. I'm making particularly frequent use of the internet radio stations and ability to search for recorded shows or stations.

My only surprise was to discover that I had to have at least one of my Sonos devices hard wired to my router (not a problem giving their coincidental close proximity).

That aside, I thoroughly recommend it. Its very simply to use, works well and sounds great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2011 5:54 PM BST