Profile for B. A. Woodford > Reviews

Content by B. A. Woodford

B. A. Woodford "Kit's Reward" (Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Almond Tree
The Almond Tree
Price: 2.63

4.0 out of 5 stars This story will stay with me., 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Almond Tree (Kindle Edition)
The Almond Tree is worth a five star review. As a concept and in its delivery. I gave four stars because I found the descriptions of violence too disturbing. As the story flowed these descriptions served to shock, as I expect the author intended but it had the opposite effect.
I wish I had read a book like this when I was young, say in my twenties though doubt I would have had the courage, and would probably have wanted to stand in front of the bulldozers like Nora believing that my profound need to prevent suffering and make peace among men would change the world. Sadly, I am old enough to know these issues take time and an inordinate amount of suffering goes on around the world.
At the end part of Ichmad' s speech took my breath - this was a first for me.

Thank you Michelle Corisanti.

Pilcrow
Pilcrow
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Bren Woodford, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Pilcrow (Kindle Edition)
This book is based on an unusual topic. It is well deserved of five stars. It is poignant, and amusing. I searched the book out because of a review I had read years ago when the book was first published. I was one of the cadet nurses that worked at The Canadian Red Cross Hospital where Mars Jones describes Johns experiences time as a patient on the children's rheumatic ward. Oh, I remember the long corridor and the Nissan hut wards. I also had to smile at the incident in the hydrotherapy pool - I used to push the children up the corridor for their treatment- it never occurred to me they played tricks. It's a pity they didn't share them. I was completely drawn into the life of this child. His suffering and his
imagination that allowed him to escape his prison of physical deformity. Love read. Thank you Mr. Mars- Jones

Andrew James Powerful 700 Watt DC Motor Hand Blender With 500ml Food Processor, Whisk Attachment and 500ml Beaker
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it looks., 25 Feb 2014
This is lovely to use. And whizzes up the soups and sauces in a flash. Enjoy using it. Very happy with my choice.

Noble Conflict
Noble Conflict
by Malorie Blackman
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A Xmas present request, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Noble Conflict (Hardcover)
This book was enjoyed by my 14 year old granddaughter and her friend. Both were excited at the idea of a new Malorie Blackman book. I admit that I read it too but didn't think this was one of her best but I am not the age group it was intended for.

Dot.Foto Hitachi CB-170 Travel Battery Charger - 100-240v Mains (UK, Europe, USA Plugs) - 12v in-car adapter [See Description for Compatibility]
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 25 Feb 2014
I lost my charger almost as soon as I got my camera. I should have remembered that I would be able to order one from Amazon. One Click and here almost by return of post.
All those memories I missed recording by not getting it sooner. Exactly as described.

MY CROOKED LITTLE SISTER (a dark thriller)
MY CROOKED LITTLE SISTER (a dark thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fast paced thriller., 6 Jan 2014
Having already enjoyed some of Sophie Jonas Hill's shorter pieces of writing I knew this book would be good. What I discovered was an excellent face paced, thriller. Curled up beside a fire I was completely engrossed. Feet up obviously to keep them out of the swamp.
Some of Sophie's writing is so poetic I read passages out aloud and went back and read them again. It is a book that makes you hungry to reach the end but the language and descriptions make you want to loiter and let the words play in your mind.

Ben le Vay's Eccentric Cambridge (Bradt Travel Guides (Bradt on Britain))
Ben le Vay's Eccentric Cambridge (Bradt Travel Guides (Bradt on Britain))
by Benedict Le Vay
Price: 7.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A quirky read., 28 Dec 2013
Having lived in Cambridge for 37 years but recently moved and missing our home town this book was a lighthearted wander down memory lane reviving some happy moments. There was lot of interesting facts we didn't already know. I agree with the first reviewer in wondering why activities in Suffolk were included. Sure a lot more could have been made of the city itself. But it made us smile and keep reading.

Mexican Summer: Five Years
Mexican Summer: Five Years

3.0 out of 5 stars Daisydown, 11 Nov 2013
I am sure for some people this is a great download, however the music was not my taste. So why buy it? I did because I like to keep up with the music scene and try different genres.

Slackline 15 + 2 m King (loadable up to 3 tons) + 2 x Tree Protection + Ratchet Protection by BB-Sport, Colour:green

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisydown, 11 Nov 2013
The slackline was great buy at a competitive price. It was a much desired gift that was as described on Amazon.

Hal Leonard Dulcimer Method-Music Book and CD
Hal Leonard Dulcimer Method-Music Book and CD
by Neal Hellman
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Daisydown, 27 Aug 2013
Superb book. Covers everything I could want to know. Nice and clear - good tuning advice. plenty of songs to learn and a cd to help. I would have like a few more familiar songs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5