Profile for ACE of Kingston > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Back Road
The Back Road

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Read, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Back Road (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down. Lots of twists and turns - a few I saw coming, but you need a few accurate predictions to really enjoy a book, and there were many more that kept me guessing until the end. I really liked the characters. Can't wait to read the next book by Rachel Abbott. It's a really original book.

MIXED CANDY PINK BUTTONS ASSORTED SHAPES SIZES ART CRAFT SEWING CARD SCRAPBOOK MAKE
Offered by ASVP Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty colours but not much variety of style, 6 Aug. 2014
Nice cotton candy pink, but I was a bit disappointed in the lack of variety: I had lots of four specific types with one or two other designs. Not sure if that's standard and I'm being a bit unrealistic, but I wish there had been different designs and a few more different shades.

Autism Awareness Wristband (Adult)
Autism Awareness Wristband (Adult)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great band, reasonably priced, 6 Aug. 2014
I love these - very comfortable to wear, raises autism awareness, and, if my son is having a meltdown in public and anyone makes a comment, I simply point to my band.

All Surface Swingball
All Surface Swingball

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but you need sand in the base., 6 Aug. 2014
On the plus side: it's easy to adjust the length of the string, and it stays put once you've adjusted it; it's great to be able to hang the bats onto the pole when play has finished; you can adjust the hight.

On the negative side: the ball and string is not attached to the pole, so when it gets to the top, it pings off. It's a bit of a pain to have to keep putting it back on again. Plus, if it's just been hit by a firm hand, it can ping with some force; although it can be played on all surfaces, you have to fill the bottom with sand or water and a brick. I didn't have any sand or a spare brick lying around, so had to fill it with water and a few stones I managed to find in the garden. The slightest hit and the pole tilts and looks as though it will split the plastic base at any minute. I'm due to get some sand this weekend, and will update this review to see if the pole is any steadier.

Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 2)
Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars It may not be my choice for reading material, but it got my child reading for pleasure, and that has to count for a lot, 6 Aug. 2014
My 7-yr old was struggling with reading - he could do the basics, and was progressing, if a little slowly, but getting him to do his reading homework was always a battle. Then, his friend leant him the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid book and my son's reading flew. He went from having to be bribed to read for three minutes, to choosing to read rather than watch TV (I never, EVER thought that would happen). So whilst I wouldn't read this book, and, if I'm honest, I wish my child didn't want to, I have to be grateful because it's what my son wanted to read and it really got him engaged with reading for pleasure.

Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball 0.7 mm Tip (Single Pen) - Light Blue
Pilot Frixion Erasable Rollerball 0.7 mm Tip (Single Pen) - Light Blue
Offered by GBP International

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these rub out pens, and the colour of this one is lovely, 6 Aug. 2014
I just love these pens. This one is a lovely colour.

How the World Works: A Hands-on Guide to Our Amazing Planet
How the World Works: A Hands-on Guide to Our Amazing Planet
by Christiane Dorion

4.0 out of 5 stars Great information book, 6 Aug. 2014
What a lovely book. I'm 41 and know much about how the world works, but I learned some things from this book. There's lots for children to engage with - lift the flaps, colourful diagrams. My only criticism is that there's almost too much on each page - each page is very busy, and the writing is small. I wonder if it would have been better to have shared the information out over a few more pages.

Fine Brand Shop Boys Light Blue Long Sleeve Button-Down Dress Shirt 1 Pocket - 12
Offered by FineBrandShop

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Shirt, 6 Aug. 2014
Good quality shirt. Easy to iron, which I like.

Loom Bands 300 or 600 Rainbow, Glitter, Metallic, Candy Stripe, Colour Changing, Glow in Dark, Scented, Solid, Tie Dye (Metallic Gold 300)

3.0 out of 5 stars More Beige Than Gold, 6 Aug. 2014
They're OK but they're not 'very goldy' as my children put it. More like beige.

Modern Family - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Modern Family - Season 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ed O'Neill

5.0 out of 5 stars Some parts are hilariously funny, some delicately moving, 7 July 2014
This is hugely popular in my household. Some parts are hilariously funny, some delicately moving. The characters become old friends. My 11-yr old watches it with us. He gets most of the humour, but anything racy goes over his head because it's done in such a humorous, light-hearted way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6