Profile for Mr. John F. Kennedy > Reviews

Content by Mr. John F. Ke...

Mr. John F. Kennedy "JFK" (Invergordon Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Vocalise
Vocalise
Offered by ForgottenMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing First Album, 24 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Vocalise (Audio CD)
I totally disagree with the other person that reviewed this CD. Jane has I think a beautiful quality of tone to her voice, yes there are a few flaws in it but I think that is because we have heard other professionals such a kiri and Sutherland sing 'The Laughing Song' & 'I want to be a prima Donna' her trills may not be as perfect as theirs but I still think she has a wonderful voice. Now that she is, I think at the beginning of a wonderful sining career, she will be able to sing just as wonderfully as the two ladies i mentioned. Her Ave Maria and O Holy Night are just a dream to listen too, Carmen's 'Habanera' is one of the best performance's I heard in a long time, Musetta's waltz aria is also beautifully sung, my 2 favourites on the CD are 'And this is my beloved' and 'The last rose of summer' (but this is only my opinion). As the general public we tend to make comparisons, we shouldn't, I beleive that you should judge people on their own performance rather than comparing them to others, in her own right Jane Gilchrist is a truly amazing talent and we should be greatful to channel 4 and Operatunity for reveling her talent to us, I think she is a wonderful lady with a great personality, give the lady a chance this is her first CD and not a thing wrong with it, just sit back and enjoy, I look forward to buying more of her CDs and learning more about her, roll on the day when I have the chance to actually see her perform in person.

Meet The Fockers [DVD]
Meet The Fockers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars She's Back, 22 May 2005
This review is from: Meet The Fockers [DVD] (DVD)
Nice to see Barbra back at the movies, been too long since we've seen her on screen, the whole movie was excellent 5 stars ain't enough.

Operatunity The Winners
Operatunity The Winners
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars We are the true winners, 9 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Operatunity The Winners (Audio CD)
Denise and Jane have recorded a really wonderful album. There will be some opera buffs that will find something wrong with it,all I can say to them is get a life. The girls have done a truely wonderful job. They are both deserving winners but I do have a soft spot for Jane. This album should be in every one's classical collection. I hope we hear a lot more from the two girls.

Barbra Streisand - The Movie Album [CD+DVD]
Barbra Streisand - The Movie Album [CD+DVD]
Offered by positivespinlimited

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice to see and hear her recording again., 31 Oct. 2003
As I've said on my review of the album I was dissappointed that it was not an album of her movie songs, but the bonus DVD is really worth buying. I always love watching Barbra in the recording studio she just wonderful to watch. She knows every detail of a song and it's arangement. On the DVD you get to see her perform 2 of the songs from the MOVIE ALBUM, It is a must buy for all Streisand fans and anyone else who has good taste in music.

Movie Album
Movie Album
Offered by Big World UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, But not her best., 23 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Movie Album (Audio CD)
Welcome back Barbra, the voice is still wonderful, dramatic and once you hear "You're Gonna Hear From Me" by Andre Previn, it will take you back a few years to the really classic Streisand.Barbra Streisand The Movie Album, when first is was advertisied on Amazon there was nothing to tell us what the album was about, I didn't care , it was a new Streisand album and I had to have it for my collection. I will say I was disappointed when I got it. I thought it would be a collection of Barbra's movie songs,(now there is an idea for an album) not other people's. Compare this to the Simply Streisand album I think it has a better collection of songs than this album, but it is one of my favourite Streisand Albums.This new Movie Album reminds me a lot of A Lazy Afternoon, just put it on and curl up with a good book and let the world go by. It is as I said wonderful and that is just Barbra's voice, the reason I did not give it five stars is because I don't care who sings it I just hate that song MOON RIVER,awful song. I strongly recommend every one to buy this album even if it is just to prove that Barbra is still the greatest singer alive to-day, and as the song says your will remember her name you're gonna hear from her now.

Guilty
Guilty

5.0 out of 5 stars A great collaboration, 12 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Guilty (Audio CD)
Put Barbra Streisand and the Gibb brothers together and what do you get, yes a number one album. What an album, from the cover to the music. Barbra looks just beautiful on the cover of this album. Lets go throught the songs, GUILTY (Duet with Barry Gibb) their voices combine really well together,(buy the ONE VOICE CONCERT and you will see them perform it live on stage together) WOMAN IN LOVE, Her last solo UK No'1 hit and what a beautiful song it was. RUN WILD was actually the B side to Woman in love and I thought it should have been an A side on it's own right.PROMISES great beat, Streisand sings I think with a very sexy voice on this song.THE LOVE INSIDE This will make you cry, lovely. LIFE STORY A belter, as Ethal Merman called her years ago, that means the song, the voice and of course Barbra, thats how I would describe this song. NEVER GIVE UP This I think sould have been on A Star is Born soundtrack album, it's got a very 70's feel. MAKE IT LIKE A MEMORY 7.30mins long, a big production number is what Barbra does best.

Best - The Greatest Hits
Best - The Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be Missed, 4 Jun. 2003
Great collection of their greatest hits.
No matter what people say they were a very good group,
and it still goes to show that a good clean cut group (
alright they smoked a splif, compared to others they are Angels) can do well for them-selves.
I'm sorry they split but all good things must come to an end. Hopefully Joe will come out on her own,
she has a truley amazing voice.

Sound Of The Underground
Sound Of The Underground
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Good First Album, 4 Jun. 2003
The more I hear it, the better it gets. I think as a first album it is very good. Songs 12 to 15 are all very different from the rest of the album, they are the one's I like the most. Now for the bad news. Girls dump the tin-foil image, you are all beautiful girls, but you don't need to be tarted up to prove it. Dump the bad girl Image and just go with your good looks and great voices. I think you will still sell all the albums you like just by being you-selves and not the tin-foil chicks.

Duets
Duets

5.0 out of 5 stars About Time, 1 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Duets (Audio CD)
Yes we have all the well known duets on this collection Plus some that are new.The album starts of with Barry Manilow and a sond called I WON'T BE THE ONE TO LET GO. Not a bad song but I think that this was a duet that should of happened years ago.The duets with RAY CHARLES AND JUDY GARLAND are my personal favourites, but there are so many great singers on this album it will be hard to single out anyone in particular. The list of names goes on and on like
FRANK SINATRA, CELINE DION, MICHAEL CRAWFORD, NEIL DIMOND KIM KARNES and many more. There is, well I think a lovely song by a chap I've never heard of at the end of the album. Well done who ever is responsible for releasing this album. BUT IT NOW.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars There should be more stars, 28 Aug. 2002
I got this album from Amazon today I think I have played it about ten times, it's wonderful. The opening track is a slower version of the original,(IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE) (FEVER) It is associated with two great names Peggy Lee and Elvis, Eva does it in her own unique style and makes it her own, her top note when she sings the word FEVER just sends chills down my spine. (YOU'VE CHANGED) A great Billy Holiday classic, beautiful singing by Eva. (IMAGINE) just like Judy Garland's Over The Rainbow, Imagine now belongs to Eva. (DANNY BOY) so many people think they can sing this song but there are few who can do it properly, Eva made me cry when I first heard her sing this, it was just so moving, I will be sending Terry Wogan an email to get him to play it on his Radio 2 programme. The rest of the songs WHO KNOWS WHERE THE TIME GOES, STILL NOT READY, EARLY MORNING RAIN, TENNESSEE WALTZ, I CAN ONLY BE ME are also great tracks but the ones I've mention are to me the best. BUY THIS ALBUM if you are an Eva fan you will not be dissapointed. Well done Terry Wogan for letting us first hear about Eva and well done Amazon for making it so easy to get hold of her CDs.

Page: 1 | 2