Profile for Cath > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Courage Tree
The Courage Tree

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving story, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Courage Tree (Kindle Edition)
A lovely read, one that keeps you needing to turn the page to find out what happens. Quiet a few surprises in there too. A lovely warm hug of a read .

One Hundred Names
One Hundred Names

4.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: One Hundred Names (Kindle Edition)
A lovely feel good read. Cecelia has an amazing imagination which leaves you guessing til the end. All makes sense eventually.a lot of characters to contend with so can be a little confusing .

The Stolen Weekend (Short Story)
The Stolen Weekend (Short Story)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 15 Dec. 2014
This is a short sequel to Hidden Treasures which i read recently and enjoyed. This was mediocre. Nothing remotely interesting happened and there was far too much 'poshness' and name dropping for my liking. I hope the next installment A seaside affair is better although i'm unsure whether i actually want to read it.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start and end, 14 Dec. 2014
Whilst I really enjoyed the book I found it gave away it's secrets a bit too early and the middle of the book was a little bland. A good ending though and an enjoyable read.

Look Behind You
Look Behind You

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 24 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Look Behind You (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put this down. From page one you need to find out what's going on. Lots of twists and turns too to leave you guessing

There's More to Life Than Cupcakes
There's More to Life Than Cupcakes

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 12 Sept. 2014
Sorry but I didn't enjoy this and it took me forever to read cause of that. Apart from the last couple if chapters I thought nothing of much interest happened. Yawn.....

Do You Remember the First Time?
Do You Remember the First Time?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 1 Jun. 2014
I really thought I'd love this with it being a Jenny Colgan book but I just didn't. I thought it was just a bit too far fetched and offered no kind of explanation at the end.
Likeable characters but just a bit too unbelievable.

The Mummyfesto
The Mummyfesto

4.0 out of 5 stars Crybaby, 19 May 2014
This review is from: The Mummyfesto (Kindle Edition)
Bit of a slow burner this one, in fact halfway through I thought about giving up. I'm glad I didn't. This book took me on an emotional rollercoaster. I don't think I've ever cried so much reading a book. Would make an amazing film or series. Such like able and believable characters. I hope there's a sequel.

Fractured
Fractured

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Not many books can make me cry but this did, really cry!
A beautiful book filled with laughter, heartache and love.
I didn't want it to end.

By My Side
By My Side

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, 10 April 2014
This review is from: By My Side (Kindle Edition)
I sit here typing my review with remnants of tears on my face.
From page 1 I was hooked and this book seems so genuine, even more so I know that I know the charities featured are real.
I beautifully emotional and endearing read.

Page: 1 | 2