Profile for 00mia00 > Reviews

Escape Plan
Escape Plan
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Although this is probably the worst film I've ever seen, 23 Oct 2014
This review is from: Escape Plan (Amazon Instant Video)
Although this is probably the worst film I've ever seen, I did endure the whole two (very long) hours of it. Sylvester Stallone's cosmetic surgery makes it really hard for him to make any facial expression and difficult for him to even speak clearly at times, so tight is his facial skin pulled.

The script is mind numbingly dull with the tackiest of clichéd lines. It even felt a bit cheap in terms of set and lousy stunts. The supporting cast (trying to get their careers off the ground) seemed to know it was pretty sh**e too. Some half hearted efforts all round.

At one point I thought 'it's so bad it's good'. But it's not, it beyond poor.

The idea has merit, as a political drama maybe, but as an action, with 'goodies' and 'baddies', and these old men running around ughh, what utter tosh.

The Reboot with Joe Juice Diet - Lose weight, get healthy and feel amazing: As seen in the hit film 'Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead'
by Joe Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results and I'm not really into diets and mumbo jumbo, 20 Aug 2014
This works!

I am not sticking to the diet plans and juice recipes truly and faithfully and I have been snacking on healthy things like nuts and berries and the occasional salad. But I have cut out ALL junk food, all processed foods, booze, coffee, traditional carbs which I bloody love: pasta, potatoes, bread, completely out.
I too have been cycling and swimming a few times each week.

Due to my high blood pressure (as well as my lardieness) I have been doing this under a doctors supervision, as Joe advises. I am grateful for this as monitoring the results formally has been fascinating and my doctor has been amazed, and keen to know how I'd done so well after years of medication doing nothing.

After one week 'transitioning' into the diet (reducing quantity and getting rid of the rubbish stuff, making soups from fresh ingredients, eating plain omelettes, and yoghurt, beans on their own etc.) I have almost completed four weeks of mainly juicing and:
- My cholesterol has gone from 6.5 to 4.8.
- My blood pressure has gone from 160+/85 to 115/65.
- My weight has gone from 17stone on the nose to 14stone 9lbs - (33lbs lost!).
People comment on how much more cheerful I am, and I have even let friends take photos with me (something I have been self conscious about for too long). I have even bought shorts to wear from Abercrombie and Fitch (again not been a possibility before!).

It obviously takes discipline and some planning (wish I'd have bought a more expensive juicer - too much soggy pulp in the 40quid price range). It can be expensive if you buy all organic - which I had to stop after the first week. I now stock up on fruits and veg in Lidl (which I'd never used before) and save a fortune doing so - they're really half the price of the big supermarkets. I keep Waitrose for the purchase of coconut water, fresh ginger and herbs only now.

Once I'd invested in the juicer, this book and the fresh fruit&veg I had to give it a good go, and am pleased I did. The results might have been even better if I didn't demand 'real' food from time to time during the detox.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2014 11:33 AM GMT