Profile for Life, the universe and everything > Reviews

Content by Life, the univ...

Life, the universe and everything

Melting Ms Frost
Melting Ms Frost
by Kat Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A class act!, 23 Dec 2014
This review is from: Melting Ms Frost (Paperback)
My, my, Ms Black, you have a fine talent - and a filthy mind... This is proper story-telling, with fully realised characters, a finely tuned plot and a delightfully smooth writing style. Oh, and did I mention, it's as sexy as hell? if there's anything hotter than hearing a man whispering sweet nothings it's imagining him doing it with a soft, Irish accent. Judging by much of the self-published material on this site alone, half the world thinks it can write erotica. A minutely tiny proportion actually can, in my view, and Kat Black is one of them. Well talent-spotted, Harper Collins. More please!

Girl on the Run (Choc Lit)
Girl on the Run (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 8 Dec 2014
I'm a sucker for a romcom and this debut novel from Rhoda Baxter didn't disappoint... it is immensely readable with well-rounded characters you will relate to, a well-balanced plot and a dash of all that celebrity fame stuff that seems to rule the world, but treated here with an insightful cynicism that matches my own. Can't wait for the next one from Rhoda.

Sugar and Spice (Choc Lit)
Sugar and Spice (Choc Lit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oo I do love a damaged solider hero so Kenan is right up ..., 29 Nov 2014
Oo I do love a damaged solider hero so Kenan is right up my street as the romantic hero - plus I love Cornwall as a setting... this was a thoroughly enjoyable read from Angela Britnell. One for curling up with on a rainy day.

The Happy Depressive: In Pursuit of Personal and Political Happiness
The Happy Depressive: In Pursuit of Personal and Political Happiness

5.0 out of 5 stars Any idiot can be happy - clever people have to work harder at it, 12 Jan 2012
As an insomniac packing a Kindle this one hit my brain before 9.00am on the date of publication and I can certainly think of worse ways to start the day. Alistair Campbell is a proper journalist and writer with a refreshingly rigorous, honest and (thank heaven) unsentimental approach. If you want to know how he has climbed out of a crappy place and found a way of living that encompasses an intelligent and pragmatic approach to dealing with life's biggest questions read on. If you want to listen to some wierdo with hairy socks and sandals talking about how lighting a candle and writing a rude letter to the people who bullied you at school will heal your troubled soul this probably isn't the one for you. Personally I could listen to this man all day and I don't even agree with his politics - I certainly don't agree with his football loyalties....