Profile for Mr. R. Lopez > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Lopez

Mr. R. Lopez (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
LED Lenser P7 Professional Torch (Black) - Test It Pack
Offered by MeGo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great torch - customer service even better - Highly recommended, 22 Oct. 2014
Great torch with perfect balance between power and portability for me. Really solid build quality and a good strong beam of light. The most impressive thing though was the customer service from manufacturer. After 2 years of use it developed a fault (wouldn't switch off completely - a very dim light remained so had to remove batteries to prevent a slow power drain. I emailed Led Lenser and was asked to post it to them. 2 days later I had it back with the internals replaced. Fantastic, no quibbles, lighting fast service above my expectations. Not often I can say that so decided I needed to post this recommendation.

De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200 Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good machine at a very good price, 30 April 2014
I had a Jura Impressa bean 2 cup before this (very nice, expensive machine) and Jura wanted more to service it than this machine cost me to buy and have delivered (from Amazon.co.uk a couple of months back).

I'm impressed. It makes great coffee (at least as well as the Jura). It's no noisier and no slower.

It does look a little plastic - the grate is black plastic instead of stainless steel and the knobs are plastic. I guess this is where some money has been saved but it still looks good and at the end of the day it makes great coffee at the push of a button - no mess.

Really - if you want THE best looking MOST expensive machine out there look around (there are lots) but if you want a bargain then this is it.

Battery Charger Adaptor - 2 pin Euro to UK 3 pin adapter (Quick Fit Type, 2 pin plug on mains adaper pushes into front facing recepticle) - Up to 3 amps - Black (High Quality DTL brand)
Offered by Woodenmen - Hardware Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 30 April 2014
Euro 2 pin plug fit snug into it. I was worried it would not quite fit or be loose.

Cheap but does the job

HomeStore Zero Gravity Reclining Relaxer Chair With Removal Pillow, In Black
HomeStore Zero Gravity Reclining Relaxer Chair With Removal Pillow, In Black
Offered by Topnotchsales

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great, 30 April 2014
Bought 2 of these through Amazon.co.uk

Happy with quality but the recliner lock as others have stated is a bit flaky and is more of a brake than a lock. I'd rather it stopped the recline totally. I would never feel comfortable sitting down with a drink in one hand. Always need to be careful.

Not the cheapest of chairs so expected better really but not bad enough to go through hassle of returning.

BFT MITTO 2 Gate remote control keyfob transmitter
BFT MITTO 2 Gate remote control keyfob transmitter
Offered by DOMO EXPRESS

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough, 30 April 2014
I have bought 3 of these over the last few months. Very good and work well. A word of praise to Quantek who delivered quickly and efficiently.

The remote itself gets only 4 stars because ...

a) I can't seem to work out how to program both buttons. The instructions explain how to clone an existing remote function but it seems to clear the other button so one works or the other one but not both. Now, this must be possible but I've not found out how from several internet searches. If anyone knows please do tell. I want what the other remote does i.e. button 1 opens both gates, button 2 opens one gate just a little.

b) It's a little big and plastic. If there was another option I'd happily pay more to have a bit more style and quality. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look hideous and it's not enormous but it could be much better on both counts.

All in all happy with purchase.

DrayTek Vigor 2925N DualWAN Gigabit Router - without Modem with 2xGigaBit WAN, 5xGigaBit LAN, 2xUSB, 50xVPN, 25xSSL-VPN, VLAN ,WLAN 802.11N (2,4 GHz)
Offered by PixelHeaven

3.0 out of 5 stars Not tried it yet but quick word of warning, 8 Feb. 2014
Just wanted to warn you that it comes with a European power supply (at least the one supplied by soteluk). I am sourcing another one elsewhere (12v AC 1.5a) and I could use a converter so not a big issue but it's a delay I wasn't expecting to contend with.

Will update when I've set it up with 2 wan's (BT Infinity & Virgin).

UPDATE: Instruction booklet in German (Sigh) Clearly not meant for UK sale. Router might be good but as my time is being wasted searching for stuff so far it's a 3 star only.

LogiLink CAT5e Installation Cable SFTP 100 m
LogiLink CAT5e Installation Cable SFTP 100 m

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture shows cable as white - actually grey, 11 Jan. 2014
Description does not state what colour it is - I should have known better but assumed it would be white as per picture.

The Dice Man
The Dice Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read but second half a little silly and ultimately dull, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Dice Man (Kindle Edition)
I suspect that back in 1971 this may have caused a stir given it's sexual content but today it's not enough to take your mind off the silly and at times dull story line. I'd say it's well written, at times funny and particularly in the first half offers up some interesting thoughts on human nature. If I'd stopped reading half way through with my expectation of a good yarn to come I'd probably have given it an extra star but that story ultimately never delivered and when the end finally arrived I was glad to move on to another book. 2 stars would be unfair. 4 overly generous. That's my take on it anyway.

Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810  - UK layout
Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 - UK layout

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite keyboard, 7 Dec. 2012
I'm on computers all the time and the quality of the keyboards make a huge difference to me. This one I have to say is lovely. It's as close to the keyboard on my MacBook Pro as i've ever come across. It looks and feels like a quality product. Some logitech stuff in the past has been nice style wise but never quite had the premium feel. This is different. Very much up to Apple standards. Very pleasantly surprised on build quality but one thing worth mentioning is that there are no risers at the back, so it sits almost flat on the table. Not a big issue as still very comfortable to use but strange omission.

The Bluetooth pairing was simplicity itself that required no reading. Very intuitive and quick. In less than 5 minutes had paired this to 2 different Macs and an iPad. Switching between them is fast. My only niggle here is I wish the indicator stayed on to show you which Bluetooth connection the keyboard is using (it goes off after 2 secs). I can see myself typing into wrong device by accident. I guess if in doubt press the appropriate button 1..2..or 3 before typing.

The illumination is very cool and like the way it only activates when your hands are near. Nice touch (no pun intended).

It recharges using a standard micro USB cable - Same as Kindle and many other things these days. A cable comes in the box but I like the fact I can use same cable for many devices. My desk is messy enough as it is.

Obviously the big sell for this product is the fact it can connect to 3 devices and "remember" all three enabling you to switch between them, but having played with it now for a while I can say it's a great keyboard and that feature just makes it my favourite by a long shot.

Well worthy of 5 stars.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2012 3:19 PM GMT

Thermaltake BlacX 5G 3.5 inch USB 3.0 Single Dock
Thermaltake BlacX 5G 3.5 inch USB 3.0 Single Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 7 Nov. 2012
I've used this now with OSX, Win7 & Win8. Stuck in a few different WD Caviar Green drives and no problems at all. Very quick. I've read elsewhere that it is particularly quick even by USB3 standards but I've not done any speed tests myself. See blog post by this guy who seems to know what he's talking about ...

[...]

Like the look of unit itself. I wish it had an integrated USB3 hub so I could plug other things into it but does what it's supposed to and does it quickly. No complaints.

Page: 1 | 2