Profile for patricia oliver > Reviews

The Mammoth Book of One-Liners
The Mammoth Book of One-Liners
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 25 July 2014
It's fairly entertaining if used in short bursts otherwise I get bored. I didn't find anything memorable that I'd want to use.

The Stuff for Dogs Coat Conditioner 15:1 Concentrate 4oz
The Stuff for Dogs Coat Conditioner 15:1 Concentrate 4oz
Offered by Cambridge Pet Store
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 25 July 2014
I think I saw slight improvement but perhaps was hoping too much for a miracle to detangle matting. In the end I had dog's hair cut very short to eliminate the problem. Actually he looks good and suits hot weather!

Dogs & Co Sorted Dog Hair Detangler and Conditioning Spray
Dogs & Co Sorted Dog Hair Detangler and Conditioning Spray
Price: 11.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Not special, 25 July 2014
Did not find this product particularly effective. Perhaps works better on another dog whose hair does not matt.

Mikki Grooming Matt Breaker with Replacement
Mikki Grooming Matt Breaker with Replacement
Price: 15.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Can be useful, 25 July 2014
Find this useful if the matting is not too close to the skin as you have to get behind it to produce result.

Authentic RDX Pro Neoprene Silicon Wrist Thumb Brace Support Gym Weight Lifting Strap
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 8.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful medical aid, 25 July 2014
I have a weak wrist due to osteoarthritis and sometimes feel need for support. I find this brace very useful at those times. Needless to say I do not do weight-lifting! Though I sometimes feel picking up every-day items must be the equivalent some days.

Shallow Graves in Siberia
Shallow Graves in Siberia
Price: 5.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Plucky and lucky, 20 Jun 2014
What a story this man has to tell. Torn from his home and family during the war and subjected to incredible hardship in Russia. The chances of him surviving at every turn were close to zero but with his own common sense and miraculous luck he survived to live a long life and have a family in England. I hope he was not haunted too much by all his near-misses. An exciting book.

Mercury and Me
Mercury and Me
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite enjoyed, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Mercury and Me (Kindle Edition)
No huge revelations but found the world of Freddie Mercury quite interesting. Obviously a talented man who found solace for his insecurity with the author. Found the writing quite digestible and pleasant.

A Brief History of the Samurai
A Brief History of the Samurai
Price: 5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting History of Japan, 20 Jun 2014
I found the overall history content fascinating as did not know much about Japan. By isolating themselves from the West their development was so different and interesting. I did not realise how much power the Samurai used to have in the country, basically a military regime with the Emperor as a figurehead. Despite being a 'brief' history the battles seemed endless with incredible detail and complicated names (for me). I took a morbid curiosity in the constant brutality and cruelty and the frequency with which hari-kari was performed, the details of which are shocking. A more painful way to commit suicide can't be imagined. Brave or mad? I was quite relieved when the Samurai lost their power and the country was more or less forced to interact with the rest of the world.

Tropiclean Spa Facial Scrub Tear Stain Remover
Tropiclean Spa Facial Scrub Tear Stain Remover
Price: 7.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 29 May 2014
Did not find much difference to the staining on my white dog after using this product. Although I have since spoken to a groomer who uses it but says it needs to be used every day at the beginning and then less often. The idea of having to rinse it off and make him very wet puts me off though I suppose that's the only way it will work. I will keep my eyes open for other methods of removing stains on white dogs.

The Secret Life of Bletchley Park: The WWII Codebreaking Centre and the Men and Women Who Worked There
Price: 5.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 21 April 2014
It's incredible that so many people were involved in something so secret that helped us win the war. I'm in awe of the selectors and the people they selected - I love the idea that people had such integrity. Shame so many died without receiving the nation's thanks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4