Profile for iloveflorida > Reviews

Lennon/Plastic Ono Band
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 14.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album of Lennon's solo career., 6 July 2003
This review is from: Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (Audio CD)
I first heard this album when I was 9 in 1981 shortly after Lennon's death. It was my fathers scratchy record when I first heard the anger,sadness,sorrow,rage and fury on this record. What makes this album so great is Lennon's willingness to put it all on the line. For someone of Lennon's musical stature,it really took alot of courage to make this album in my opinion. Of course he did make the naked album cover a few years before,but this was his first offical solo album away from The Beatles. So in that context,it took alot of balls to make this. The musicmanship is not what this album is about. Lets be honest,Lennon was an average guitar and piano player. The entire album rides on Lennon's intensity and emotion. The other three former Beatles could have never pulled this off. I've listened to this album quite a few times since 1981,and it really stands the test of time. It is truly a one of a kind album that is not for the casual Lennon fan. It may be too intense for the casual listener who may expect a sappy user friendly like 'Imagine' type of tune. The song Well Well Well made my girlfriend flee the room in horror when I was listening to the 'screaming' track earlier...she was expecting 'Imagine'.