Profile for Mrs. Ruth E. Ramsden > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Ruth E. R...

Mrs. Ruth E. Ramsden "weirdjazz" (Sussex, England)

I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
I, Partridge: We Need To Talk About Alan
by Alan Partridge
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than A-Ha, 3 Aug 2013
Absurd, poignant, pathetic, annoying, childish and ignoble. Alan is all of these things in this wonderful insight into Partridge World. The book is an object lesson in how to write a sustained and relentlessly funny piece of humorous fiction. A must have for Partridge completists.

Deviant Moon Tarot: Premier Edition
Deviant Moon Tarot: Premier Edition
by Patrick Valenza
Edition: Cards
Price: 18.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark and Beautiful, 28 Aug 2009
This exquisitely designed deck might be a little dark for some but it suits my tastes and is excellent to use. Valenza worked on this deck for several years and as I'm in the process of designing a deck myself it's easy to appreciate the work that has gone into producing this beautiful set of cards. I've found I use it as my main deck but even if your preferences are for something lighter, it would be a wonderful addition to any tarot collection and has rightfully taken its place among the more popular of recent tarot publications.

War School
War School
by Mark Ramsden
Price: 8.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Everyone, 29 May 2008
This review is from: War School (Paperback)
Mark Ramsden is a witty and intuitive writer and he brings all his skills to writing this children's fantasy. This is a touching and exciting story about a boy coming of age and learning to cope with his real life problems with the help of the heroes and villains of War World, a parallel universe where he can fight his battles and confront his demons. It's a colourful and funny book with a real message. Sure to be enjoyed by kids of all ages.