Profile for Wayne Price > Reviews

Content by Wayne Price

Wayne Price "Wayne" (Coventry UK)

Taylor Swift: The Whole Story
Taylor Swift: The Whole Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and insite in to Taylor's growing up and career, well written., 15 Nov. 2014
Great book and well written, gives a great insite on Taylor's life growing up to the near present day. You can see how she has stayed so grounded with the great support she gets from her parents over the years. So if you are in to Taylor and her music it is a must read.

PowerWalker VI 850VA IEC 480W UPS
PowerWalker VI 850VA IEC 480W UPS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good UPS, software that comes with it works well, 27 Oct. 2014
Very good UPS, software that comes with it works well. Great value for money. It will help avoid power glitches for computers that can cause disk problems and lost data.

1989
1989

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album from a talented performer/musician Taylor Swift, 27 Oct. 2014
This review is from: 1989 (Audio CD)
Another great album from a talented performer/musician Taylor Swift. This is different from her other albums, a bold move to by Taylor to try a different genre from her past well known country style. I think it has worked for her, well polished tracks and creatively written, well produced. I am a fan of her past material and when I heard "Shake it off" a few months back I was unsure of the direction she was taking but that track has grown on me over time and really like it now. The rest of the album is not like "Shake it off" but varied styles that make a great pop album. To sum up this show cases Taylor as an established artist and performer who loves what she does as a day job and very good at it. I think she will be around for many more years, already in her 8th year which in the music industry these days is an achievement in itself. If you like Taylor's music buy it you won't be disappointed.

The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being: Evolution and the Making of Us
The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being: Evolution and the Making of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, credit to Professor Alice Roberts, must read if you interested in human development/biology., 9 Oct. 2014
Excellent Book, well written to enable people who are not in this field of expertise to understand. Alice Roberts is not just a great TV presenter but reading her books she excels in the authoring as well. The book makes you stand back and look at yourself showing how unique you are whilst making us understand we part of the evolutionary tree of life on earth.

Friends -  The Complete Season 1-10 [Blu-ray] [1994] [Region Free]
Friends - The Complete Season 1-10 [Blu-ray] [1994] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Aniston
Offered by Venture Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package for all Friends fans!, 25 Oct. 2013
Finally a quality video release for Friends, I found the DVD quality of the show was show disappointing on my HD TV 50 inch screen. I know it is quite a few years old now but it proves the original film it was shot on was high quality it was all down to the transfer.

I watched this show from start to finish and so please this came out, the package is great, you get a fully 40 colour booklet should episode details on each disk, each season consists of 2 disks, so you get 12 episodes per disk, there is over 5000 minutes of entertainment here.

A must for all Friends fans with a Blu-ray played and HD TV, you won't regret it.

ACER Aspire V5-171-32364G32ass - silver
ACER Aspire V5-171-32364G32ass - silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine overall with just 1 minus point, 11 Mar. 2013
This Laptop "Ultra Book" as a Physical machine is great, the performance running Windows 8 is outstanding, HD Video works brilliantly and can do required tasks really well. The screen is sharp and well defined. I have not tried it with games so can't comment on that.

My machine has 6 GB expandable to 8GB quite cheaply around £28 if desired but the 6GB RAM copes fine.

The machine feels well constructed and is a neat slim size with 11 inch screen. The keyboard and touch pad works really well and feels comfortable to use. The only critical point is the battery life, on average watching video from Netflix I am getting 2.5 to 3 hours tops. That is my only critical comment and to be honest enough for what I need it for at the moment, I have ordered a higher capacity 6 cell battery from the US, waiting for that to arrive for £66. I looked at other machines of this size and type and they are all around £650 upwards, so even with extra battery I am still on a winner.

Oh yes it is easy to upgrade RAM and HD to SSD just remove 1 screw at bottom to open for easy access, just a note if you want to buy an Solid State hard drive for this Ultra book then make sure it is a 7 inch thick type rather than the standard 9.5 inch won't fit.

So to sum up:-
Pros
* A great machine for the money
* Neat and small, well constructed
* Processor i3 dual core and 6 GB memory great speed for most applications on the go.

Cons
* Battery life not the best, gave me 2 - 3 hours playing video.

Origins of Us [DVD]
Origins of Us [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dr Alice Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD and very informative/put together, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Origins of Us [DVD] (DVD)
I fully recommend this DVD, it is really informative and interesting if you want learn to how our species are thought to have evolved. Dr Alice Roberts is an excellent presenter who you can tell is very knowledgeable in her field and passionate about it also which shows throughout. Definitely one for your collection if you are interested in human origin.

Samsung BD-P1500/XEU - Blu-ray Disc Player
Samsung BD-P1500/XEU - Blu-ray Disc Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Player, impressive Blu_ray performance and DVD, 4 Nov. 2008
This is my first Blu-ray player and the picture blew me away! It is so pin sharp and clear for Blu-ray, the DVD upscaling is definately better than standard DVD player. The 2.0 firmware upgrade is available to download straight to your player so you can get the benefit of Blu-ray live that is available for PS3. The sound was also very good, I connected the optical to my digital surround and both DTS and Dolby are well defined. I can't believe how the higher definition brings to film out more that I could have imagined.

I purchased the Golden Compass which was impressive to watch, the I am Legend had some great sequences in that look superb on Blu-ray as so detailed.

Overall I am really happy with the player, feels nicely built and looks good.

Definitely a player to consider, great value with 2 free films too.