Profile for Douwi Stewart > Reviews

Content by Douwi Stewart

Douwi Stewart

Page: 1 | 2
Game Production Handbook: 0 (Computer Science)
Game Production Handbook: 0 (Computer Science)
by Heather Maxwell Chandler
Price: 50.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 27 Oct 2013
This has really helped me understand things before they came up in class, which made me look pretty good! Enjoying reading it! Using more as a reference book now, but it helps to read at least the first few chapters then read what you need from there.

Game Design Foundations (Wordware Game and Graphics Library)
Game Design Foundations (Wordware Game and Graphics Library)
by Roger Pedersen
Price: 41.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Enough, 27 Oct 2013
It does a decent job of explaining the gaming industry, but "The Game Production Handbook" seem to do it a tad better! Would recommend buying both!

Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Total War Rome II (PC DVD)
Price: 21.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 1 Oct 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I loved the previous release, and other expansions from that series; but this game having come almost 10 years after the last release hasn't made enough progress for me.

I do love the map, the amount of other provinces, the battles, the technology and diplomacy but it just didn't quite live up to expectations. But don't get me wrong, I still get excited to play it! It good fun!

I didn't waste my money, I've enjoyed playing it. They've been quick with big fixes and improvements which is good. Still a few to be made! But overall I'd recommend it, if strategy jd your thing.

Type Matters!
Type Matters!
by Jim Williams
Edition: Leather Bound
Price: 12.57

4.0 out of 5 stars A very sexy book, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Type Matters! (Leather Bound)
Well, the look and feel of this book is just gorgeous! I could have easily just purchased this book just by how it appears. But I also bought it for the useful content inside! It's a pretty good read and can help with developing your typography skills. I would recommend this if you have a basic knowledge of typography already, although it isn't took difficult to get a hang of the terminology. I'm very happy with my purchase!

C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition
C Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition
by Mike McGrath
Price: 10.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing, 9 Sep 2013
The downloads that are required didn't work as expected. And when I further investigated to solve the problem, I was given a solution which I thought would suffice. It didn't. It was to do with the Order of registry which meant my computer wouldn't recognize that C Programming language, and no matter how many different ways I tried the solutions provided by the book and internet I could just not get it to work.

I'm sure if I solved this problem in the end, it would have been a useful resource. But to be honest, the solution was extremely complicated for my level of knowledge on the subject.

Hairyworm-Nicki Minaj i phone 4 4s hard back case cover for apple iphone
Hairyworm-Nicki Minaj i phone 4 4s hard back case cover for apple iphone
Offered by HairyWorm
Price: 5.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 9 Sep 2013
My girlfriend loves Nicki Minaj and it was a nice little present. Was a very cheap print and does a fair enough job for the price. Quite clearly not high quality but I didn't purchase it with that expectation.

Lenovo G780 17.3-inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)
Lenovo G780 17.3-inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good!, 9 Sep 2013
I would recommend this product, especially for the price I paid for it! Beforehand I had an i3 Processor, 4GB hard drive and a terrible graphics card. Now with an i7 Processor, 8 GB Hard Drive and a pretty good graphics card it feels like lightning! It runs everything fine, although I was expecting it to be even quicker but thats more my high expectations!

I recently purchased Total War: Rome 2 which is a fairly demanding game and it ran it well on EXTREME! Very good on Very High. Amazing on High! I love it!

Very glad I made the upgrade!

Kickmaster 7ft Premier Goal
Kickmaster 7ft Premier Goal
Price: 17.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, unstable but okay for a light kick about., 27 Aug 2013
When I received the product, I was initially surprised at how small they actually were. 7ft... maybe? But it seems smaller when I got them. Also, they seems very weak, even when pegged down, TIED DOWN, they just cant handle a full shot. So you have to constantly keep putting pegs back, pick them up again or reattach the net.

I've given it an extra star to make it 2**, simply because if you do tie/weld them down its just relatively good fun sometimes to have some nets there to have a kick about.

Stone River Jewellery Blue Eyed Bronze Tone Owl Pendant Long Chain Necklace Vintage Style Lilac, Lemon & Pink Stones
Offered by Eformart
Price: 0.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the girlfriend, 27 Aug 2013
Absolute bargain! Yeah its obvious to anyone that it isn't an expensive gift but its still apparently nice enough to go with certain casual things. My girlfriend likes that sort of thing and it was a good, additional present. It seems to have lasted at least a month so far, and look decent enough.

C++ Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition
C++ Programming In Easy Steps 4th Edition
by Mike McGrath
Price: 4.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay., 27 Aug 2013
I purchased this thinking it would be very simple to follow. Before I'd even started it got quite complicated as I couldn't get the Command Promt sequence to work on my laptop. So, now I'm waiting for my new laptop to come through and hope it works on that one straight away. If not, been a waste of money really. Didn't know it would be so difficult just to start learning!

Although, having read ahead without applying anything onto an actual computer, I could imagine it is easy to follow and learn. (If the downloads actually work for you)

Page: 1 | 2