Profile for Judith Hall > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Understanding Your Eating: How To Eat And Not Worry About It
Understanding Your Eating: How To Eat And Not Worry About It

4.0 out of 5 stars Great insight to how my why I am the way I am, 3 Jan. 2013
I was recommended this book by a therapist I'm seeing about my weight and it has definitely helped me think about my childhood and lots of pieces seem to fit into what she says.

This is not a book about what you can't eat. It's about learning to like yourself.

The Dukan Diet Life Plan
The Dukan Diet Life Plan
by Dr Pierre Dukan

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with the paperback - just get this book!, 20 Nov. 2011
I bought both the recipe book and the original book in paperback recently and then decided to get this too - this is a much better laid out book with lots of pictures to look at and in a much easier pick up and look at format (I just find it far easier and more interesting to navigate).

Really inspired me much more than the paperback.

Valupak 21 Days Weight Loss Support Programme 42 Tablets
Valupak 21 Days Weight Loss Support Programme 42 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 22 Mar. 2011
I have been taking these for just two days now and can honestly say that my appetite has been completely curbed. I usually fancy something in the evening and my husband offered me something last night and I hadnt even thought about it and totally didnt want it - which is not like me at all!

I'm not sure what the long term success will be but so far so good. I've also been trying to do some research about the ingredients and whether they are safe. There are apparently some side effects you can have taking L-carnitine (which can include nausea and dizziness), but I think that goes with most warnings on tablets and so far I havent suffered with any of them. The only thing I did find in the research is you are not supposed to take L-carnitine if you have kidney problems or if you are on dialysis.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2011 6:16 PM BST

Philips AVENT SCD530 DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature and Humidity Sensors
Philips AVENT SCD530 DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature and Humidity Sensors

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as good as our old Tomy Platinum, 22 Aug. 2010
Our Tomy platinum monitor recently broke (after 3 years) and I wanted to get a replacement, but after reading the reviews for this monitor (and the fact that it was half price in Mothercare) I decided to get this.

Its quite a dinky little monitor and box, but I miss my old Tomy. With the Tomy you could hear the baby breathing at quite a low level, but with this monitor you have to turn it right up and there is quite a lot of buzzing which we didnt have before.

A good thing about it is it turns itself off on a low sensitivity setting and only comes on when your baby makes a noise. Another plus is that the battery lasts on the parent unit for hours.

A nice little unit but I prefer my old Tomy (not the new model).

Sleep Brainwave Therapy
Sleep Brainwave Therapy

3.0 out of 5 stars About 3 sentences spoken over an hour of CD!, 20 Aug. 2010
I bought this as I was having trouble sleeping. Although it has nice kind of sounds playing, I dont see where the hypnosis is as there were only about 3 sentences throughout the whole CD!

So if you want a nice tranquil CD of waves then this is it, but dont expect to be hypnotised and a size 8!

HM Armed Forces Fast Pursuit Battle Tank
HM Armed Forces Fast Pursuit Battle Tank

3.0 out of 5 stars Bits fall offf, 20 Aug. 2010
Bought this for my son, who is only three, but plays well with all his toys so we were not worried about the age range. This tank is expensive and plasticky and the bits fall off it easily - it doesnt run on the floor smoothly (and this was when my husband was playing with it). Thankfully we got this at a cheaper price and glad we never paid the full amount for it. Although it falls apart, it does look good and I'm hoping it will last for a while!

HM Armed Forces Infantryman
HM Armed Forces Infantryman

2.0 out of 5 stars Bits fall off - fancy having feet that can be removed (and lost!), 20 Aug. 2010
This review is from: HM Armed Forces Infantryman (Toy)
Bought this for my son who was so keen to have it. He is only three but plays with action men as well perfectly well. This toy is pretty rubbish (we bought the tank as well that has bits that fall off all the time). The soldier's feet constantly fall off and I know we are going to lose them soon enough! Action men are better as they are all one piece!

ICB Practical Bookkeeping: Beginner / Intermediate
ICB Practical Bookkeeping: Beginner / Intermediate

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but a bit confusing for beginners., 20 Aug. 2010
I bought this book, amongst others to help with my book keeping studies as I am completing the ICB exams. I found this a little confusing at times, but the questions at the end of each section were helpful to test your knowledge.

I also bought Frank Woods Book Keeping and Accounting and found this much easier to understand and clearly set out.

Book-Keeping and Accounts
Book-Keeping and Accounts
by Frank Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and easy to understand, 20 Aug. 2010
I bought this book amongst others to help with my book keeping studies. This book is so clear to understand and really well set out, with questions to test your knowledge at the end of each chapter. Highly recommended from someone who is a beginner.

ICB - Advanced Bookkeeping
ICB - Advanced Bookkeeping

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite complicated, 20 Aug. 2010
I'm studying book keeping and thought I would buy these text books as additions to my studies as I'm doing the ICB exams. I must admit I find this a little confusing and have actually bought Frank Wood's Bookkeeping and Accounting which I found much more user friendly for a beginner.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2011 3:22 PM BST