Profile for Judith Hall > Reviews

The School Gates
The School Gates
Price: 2.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not a great read, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: The School Gates (Kindle Edition)
Ok
For a summer read but didnt like many of the characters and found the amount of names difficult to digest at times

VonHaus Upright Steam Mop 1500W with 2 FREE Microfibre Cloth Pads & Extra Long 5m Power Cord - White
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: 69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay but quite cumbersome, 22 May 2013
Bought one of these for my mum and one for me - to replace my mum's previous steam mop (made by Coopers).

I find it:

- heavy
- difficult to maneouvre
- too short a power lead
- microfibre mop heads that come with it arent great
- the steam isnt that powerful.

Im going to buy some alternate mop heads as someone suggested to see if that makes a difference.

Tideline
Tideline
Price: 3.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Long and drawn out, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Tideline (Kindle Edition)
Got fed up with the main character and felt it was too drawn out without anything happening. Not exciting enough for me !

5.0 out of 5 stars fab . so pleased we didn't get an iPad!, 6 Jan 2013
I won't go on as there are so many reviews but this tablet is just great and does everything I need it to .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 8:16 PM GMT

Understanding Your Eating: How To Eat And Not Worry About It
Understanding Your Eating: How To Eat And Not Worry About It
Price: 12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great insight to how my why I am the way I am, 3 Jan 2013
I was recommended this book by a therapist I'm seeing about my weight and it has definitely helped me think about my childhood and lots of pieces seem to fit into what she says.

This is not a book about what you can't eat. It's about learning to like yourself.

The Dukan Diet Life Plan: The Bestselling Dukan Weight-loss Programme Made Easy
The Dukan Diet Life Plan: The Bestselling Dukan Weight-loss Programme Made Easy
by Dr Pierre Dukan
Price: 18.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother with the paperback - just get this book!, 20 Nov 2011
I bought both the recipe book and the original book in paperback recently and then decided to get this too - this is a much better laid out book with lots of pictures to look at and in a much easier pick up and look at format (I just find it far easier and more interesting to navigate).

Really inspired me much more than the paperback.

Valupak 21 Days Weight Loss Support Programme 42 Tablets
Valupak 21 Days Weight Loss Support Programme 42 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 22 Mar 2011
I have been taking these for just two days now and can honestly say that my appetite has been completely curbed. I usually fancy something in the evening and my husband offered me something last night and I hadnt even thought about it and totally didnt want it - which is not like me at all!

I'm not sure what the long term success will be but so far so good. I've also been trying to do some research about the ingredients and whether they are safe. There are apparently some side effects you can have taking L-carnitine (which can include nausea and dizziness), but I think that goes with most warnings on tablets and so far I havent suffered with any of them. The only thing I did find in the research is you are not supposed to take L-carnitine if you have kidney problems or if you are on dialysis.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2011 6:16 PM BST

Philips AVENT SCD530 DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature and Humidity Sensors
Philips AVENT SCD530 DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature and Humidity Sensors

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not as good as our old Tomy Platinum, 22 Aug 2010
Our Tomy platinum monitor recently broke (after 3 years) and I wanted to get a replacement, but after reading the reviews for this monitor (and the fact that it was half price in Mothercare) I decided to get this.

Its quite a dinky little monitor and box, but I miss my old Tomy. With the Tomy you could hear the baby breathing at quite a low level, but with this monitor you have to turn it right up and there is quite a lot of buzzing which we didnt have before.

A good thing about it is it turns itself off on a low sensitivity setting and only comes on when your baby makes a noise. Another plus is that the battery lasts on the parent unit for hours.

A nice little unit but I prefer my old Tomy (not the new model).

Sleep Brainwave Therapy
Sleep Brainwave Therapy

3.0 out of 5 stars About 3 sentences spoken over an hour of CD!, 20 Aug 2010
I bought this as I was having trouble sleeping. Although it has nice kind of sounds playing, I dont see where the hypnosis is as there were only about 3 sentences throughout the whole CD!

So if you want a nice tranquil CD of waves then this is it, but dont expect to be hypnotised and a size 8!

HM Armed Forces Fast Pursuit Battle Tank
HM Armed Forces Fast Pursuit Battle Tank
Offered by Mytoyfactory
Price: 36.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Bits fall offf, 20 Aug 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this for my son, who is only three, but plays well with all his toys so we were not worried about the age range. This tank is expensive and plasticky and the bits fall off it easily - it doesnt run on the floor smoothly (and this was when my husband was playing with it). Thankfully we got this at a cheaper price and glad we never paid the full amount for it. Although it falls apart, it does look good and I'm hoping it will last for a while!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3