Profile for Mayor Hobbies > Reviews

Content by Mayor Hobbies

Mayor Hobbies "Tinyhouse" (Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Most Haunted - Series 1 - Complete [DVD]
Most Haunted - Series 1 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Most Haunted

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not riveting., 3 July 2012
I really can't bear it when a 'medium' makes statements that can't be confirmed. I hate 'spirit guides,' over-hyped reactions and people who work up a situation to make more of it than there really is. The photography was wonderful, locations marvellous but as to the ghostly activity, I really don't know....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2012 5:38 AM GMT

Swingball Classic
Swingball Classic
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific buy!, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Swingball Classic (Toy)
Fun? We laughed until we almost fell over. It's wonderful fun and you don't have to make anyone a ball-boy!
Educational Value? Excellent; you can lecture unfit folks about their muscles, calorie-burning etc. as long as you like! You won't have any friends, but that's not what the question was about....
Durable? We've whacked it to outer space and back for weeks now, and it's just as good as they day we bought it. Can't fault it, although instead of putting it directly into the ground we've set the spike into a sturdy metal garden umbrella support, wrapping cord around the metal to make it fit perfectly into the tube, and this has given it extra strength. Fantastic!
Overall rating? Can't be beaten, especially at this price. Buy it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2013 4:19 PM BST

The Devil Inside [DVD]
The Devil Inside [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fernanda Andrade
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish..., 3 July 2012
This review is from: The Devil Inside [DVD] (DVD)
I had to give this a star or it wouldn't go up as a review, but honestly - don't bother! I've tried three times to get something from this, and each time it just gets worse. Tedious, incomprehensible and only worth binning!

The Serial Killer Files: The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World's Most Terrifying Murderers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, if gruesome., 29 May 2012
In general this is an excellent book, if gruesome, but I wouldn't leave it lying around if there were very young folk around. However, being very English I find that the little things annoy me, such as his 'broadside' of Victorian crime on just the second page of text, which in my day was called a 'broadsheet', according to my teachers. I know it's nit-picking but it does steer me back towards writers who can speak proper English. A broadside is what happens when a warship turns sideways on to an enemy and lets them have it, and in ordinary life these days of course it's a term used to describe the way a car crashes into another at the point of impact. This sort of thing can really disrupt the flow when you're reading!An American reviewer on Amazon.com says he can only find a couple of mistakes, but he obviously went to the same school as HS, I think! Overall, though, a great read of its type.

Victoria Wood - Midlife Christmas [DVD]
Victoria Wood - Midlife Christmas [DVD]
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars One of Her Worst...., 28 May 2012
Not that many laughs,very unfestive and probably her worst work to date. The odd good laugh turns up here and there but everyone involved seemed ill-at-ease and not at all comfortable with the material. Worth a look but not much more.

Noel [DVD]
Noel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Penélope Cruz
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Dire...., 28 May 2012
This review is from: Noel [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this movie entirely unsuitable for festive viewing. Moral tales hit us all the time as does the reality of human loneliness and cruelty - I like to get away from all that at Christmas! This movie is overwhelmingly slow; it feels like wading through treacle with heavy boots on and does nothing to raise anyone's spirits, let alone the Christmas version, and in the end it turns out - fairly predictably - that the guy SS becomes fond of is only a ghost anyway. It's all very sad, apart from the fact that he 'saves her' in a way you'll have to see for yourself if you think it worth buying. If you like the atmosphere at a funeral, you'll love this!

North Face [DVD] [2008]
North Face [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Philipp Stolzl

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting movie...., 26 May 2012
This review is from: North Face [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Even though this isn't in English, which disappointed me at first, it's absolutely riveting and we found ourselves unwilling to move from the screen until it was over. You won't be disappointed - it's an amazing film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2012 1:52 PM BST

DISABLED TOILETS - RADAR KEY
DISABLED TOILETS - RADAR KEY
Offered by Lifeswonderful - Comfort Mobility Wellbeing

1.0 out of 5 stars Disabled toilet?, 26 May 2012
This review is from: DISABLED TOILETS - RADAR KEY
What use is a disabled toilet?! I'd want one that works...... only joking, for those nerdies who think I'm serious.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2012 5:12 PM BST

Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Refill Shave Soap 100g
Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Refill Shave Soap 100g
Offered by Apotheker Stefan Bauer & Compagnie

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb product, 17 Mar 2012
I'm sure I've already reviewed this product! Anyway, my husband loves it. Great smell, good price, excellent quality. Would buy again without hesitation.

Hot Fuzz [DVD]
Hot Fuzz [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by The Happy Zombie

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of smiles, no great laughs., 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Hot Fuzz [DVD] (DVD)
The best laugh was when BN tells SP he really can do this to him, but apart from that it was so predictable. It'll be gathering dust now that we've seen it. Not one to go back to, and not nearly as funny as we were expecting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6