Profile for Kindlelover > Reviews

Content by Kindlelover

Kindlelover (East Sussex United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Dissolution: Tenth Anniversary Edition (The Shardlake series Book 1)
Dissolution: Tenth Anniversary Edition (The Shardlake series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars History brought to life - the second time around!, 23 Jan. 2016
I first read this story some years ago, well before I bought my kindle, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Eventually I donated my paperback copy to a charity to make space for more books. Then, one day, I bought my kindle and began collecting the rest of the Shardlake series and enjoyed these also. Of course there is no need to worry about space saving now, I can collect as many books as I like.

So, I saw Dissolution for sale at a good price (the kindle version) and decided on a whim to get it and re-read it. I am glad I did.

Sansom has a way of taking the reader right into the story. It is a dark and dangerous period of history. There is a mixture of ingredients: murder, mystery, intrigue all to be resolved by the anti-hero, a man who is often shunned by the rest of the world because of his disability in a time when prejudice, ignorance and superstition were rife.

This story takes place in the depths of a bitter winter which is so well described by the author that I sometimes shivered when I was reading! Sansom is very knowledgeable on history and weaves that knowledge in this spellbinding story.

Even though I had already read this book I was held as captivated as I had been the first time around. I am now planning to re-read the rest of the series in order.

You Are Dead (Roy Grace series Book 11)
You Are Dead (Roy Grace series Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep 'em coming P.J., 29 Nov. 2015
Well I can't get enough of P.J.'s writing. "You are dead" was a great read for me.

Actually I worked out who the villain was quite early on in this story, but I couldn't imagine how the story would end. That was a surprise.

He has a writing style that keeps me coming back time after time. I wait eagerly for the next story in the series.

Keep 'em coming P.J.

CRYSTAL RIVER: A 1960s' American Thriller
CRYSTAL RIVER: A 1960s' American Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Gordon Thomson always leaves his readers wanting more., 7 Nov. 2015
What amazing writing. This novel starts off with a man who is trying to rescue his son from death row....and goes through a metamorphic process to something entirely different with huge potential to impact on world history if this theory was true.

Massive food for thought. The ending has a positive though not necessarily certain hope for the future of the hero. G.J.T. always leaves his readers wanting more!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2015 3:19 PM GMT

Second Life (A  suspense crime thriller with more than a twist Book 1)
Second Life (A suspense crime thriller with more than a twist Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 5 Nov. 2015
I found this book tedious, I tried and tried to get into it but found that I kept drifting into a daydream and I just wasn't following it at all. I know some people enjoyed it but this book just wasn't for me. Therefore can only give 1 star.

Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)
Want You Dead (Roy Grace series Book 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of mystery and suspense., 25 Sept. 2015
I love this author's style which keeps me coming back to this series.

Peter James always produces very readable stories, this is one such story. There is plenty of mystery and suspense as the stalker pursues his victim and goes to the nth degree to get his way.

RAVPower 40W 4-Port Mobile Phone Desktop USB Charger Travel Charging Station Multi-Port with iSmart Technology for iPhone 6S, iPad, Samsung S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Nokia, Motorola and More, UK Power Cord Included (White)
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent USB Charger, 14 Sept. 2015
The best USB charger I have ever used. It is neat and compact, space saving. Would definitely recommend it.

Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Toilette Spray for Her 90 ml
Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Toilette Spray for Her 90 ml
Offered by Petite-Boutique

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful fragrance., 9 Sept. 2015
Delightful fragrance, very sophisticated. I discovered it when I smelled it on a friend and just had to get some for myself. Now when I wear it people admire it and ask me what I am wearing. This has become my favourite perfume. I feel pampered when I wear it.

This seller was very helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending.

Bar Keepers Friend Household Stain remover 3 X 200g (pack of 3)
Bar Keepers Friend Household Stain remover 3 X 200g (pack of 3)
Offered by Mixles

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 4 Sept. 2015
I have used this product for many years. It is excellent I cannot manage without it! Cleans easily and removes many stubborn stains.

Mehmet Efendi - Turkish coffee 100g
Mehmet Efendi - Turkish coffee 100g
Offered by 118store-com

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and finely ground coffee., 4 Sept. 2015
Beautiful and finely ground. Perfect for my little Turkish coffee pot. My husband and I love this for morning coffee, we prefer this flavoured with cardamom. Quick service by seller.

Silent Scream: An edge of your seat serial killer thriller (Detective Kim Stone crime thriller series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars won't read any more of these books., 4 Sept. 2015
Like many other reviewers I am astonished at the number of 5 star reviews. I am very disappointed. The book IMHO was very boring, frequently I found myself daydreaming as I turned the pages in "automatic pilot" and often realised I couldn't remember what I had just read!

I found the characters were undeveloped, just flat and wooden, speaking cliched lines, so stereotypical. I couldn't relate to anyone or anything. I had to refer back frequently to previous chapters to refresh my memory as I found the book so hard going that I frequently lost my thread. Won't read any more of these books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2015 6:47 PM BST