Profile for M. McPherson > Reviews

M. McPherson

Hama 00005369 NI-3 Wireless Remote Control Release for Nikon Camera
Hama 00005369 NI-3 Wireless Remote Control Release for Nikon Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Best remote transmitter, 8 Jun. 2011
This is the best remote shutter. It does exactly as it says. Through walls, 100 metres away (not at the same time). The lead connecting to the camera is a snug fit. So be gentle when unplugging it. Very fast shipment. Would highly recommend

52mm 4pc Close-Up Kit Macro Lenses For Nikon D40X & All Other 52mm Lenses
52mm 4pc Close-Up Kit Macro Lenses For Nikon D40X & All Other 52mm Lenses
Offered by iTekLife Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Macro, 8 Jun. 2011
Have used this item quite a bit for flowers pics, insects, water drops. It is not at all as good as an actual macro lens but for a beginner who is learning the basics of photography it is a great starting point. All of the lenses fit easily onto a 52cm lens. Only 2 max at a time unless you want the result of slightly blurred images. Some of the time you may need to use manual adjustment. Great for the price and great travel case comes with it.

Merrell Intercept, Men's Outdoor Cross Trainers, Moth Brown, 10 UK
Merrell Intercept, Men's Outdoor Cross Trainers, Moth Brown, 10 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 8 Jun. 2011
I have used these shoes just as walking shoes so far around the city on sidewalks and pavement. They are light and very comfortable. They have a nice air pocket sole.

The one negative thing I have found is that the heels are a bit wider than other shoes. My left foot feels like it's going to pop out of the shoe. It is something that you just get used to. So far my foot has stayed in.

Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Remote with DC2 Type Terminal for Nikon DSLRs
Pixel RW-221/DC2 Wireless Shutter Remote with DC2 Type Terminal for Nikon DSLRs

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as detailed, 8 April 2011
When I first saw this item at this price I thought it was too good to be true. I sent an email to the seller who responded immediately at 8pm at night. I went to a track to measure out the distance the camera would shoot at. I was able to reach 110 metres. Just slightly above the 100metres it said it can do. I suppose this would be due to flat conditions and no other interference in the area (mobiles, cordless phones, towers, walls) The set up is very easy to complete. Instrucions tell you everything you need to know except the codes inside of the battery drawers. If another remote system is in the area it may be due to another code being the same in the area. Easily changed by alternating the codes ensuring the remote and receiver have the same codes. The cord that attaches the receiver and the camera is a snug fit. I have not had any problems taking it out but do be mindful of the tightness and pulling it out. Ye, this item does shoot around walls and through walls. I was able to snap a photo from the second flor and 3 rooms over from where the camera sat. I hope everyone is as satisfied as I am with this item.

Nikon D5000 For Dummies
Nikon D5000 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King

5.0 out of 5 stars Great starter book, 5 April 2011
Shopped around for this book and most places did not even carry it. They could order it for me but, starting price was 14 -22 pounds and it would take 1 -2 weeks. The books brings you step by step for every fine detail about the D5000. A lot of illustrations and great tips and hints on each page of things that a person would not even think about. Definitly recommend for people new to DSLRs.