Profile for Catherine Bourne > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Melissa & Doug Easel Paper Roll
Melissa & Doug Easel Paper Roll

5.0 out of 5 stars Great versatile product., 13 Nov 2011
This pretty much is what it is, a roll of nice quality (for the price) paper for kids to draw on, and for Mum to occasionally steal for a shopping list.

Royal and Langnickel Watercolour Wooden Box Set
Royal and Langnickel Watercolour Wooden Box Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 13 Nov 2011
This set is poor quality for the price, I'd recommend going to a pound store or one of those cheap bookshops if you're after a very beginners student watercolour set. I guess the addition of the wooden box is supposed to make it appear of a higher quality, I'd have rathered a plastic case and petter quality paint and brushes.

Tulsa
Tulsa
by Larry Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value., 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Tulsa (Paperback)
Very low-fi printed paperback style (for an art book), which is fine by me. Very good value edition (£11) means I could finally afford it.

A Philosophical Enquiry into the Origin of Our Ideas of the Sublime and Beautiful (Oxford World's Classics)
by Edmund Burke

3.0 out of 5 stars Good to find a copy of this, but poor quality printing., 13 Nov 2011
The book quality's pretty poor so you wouldn't, say, give it as a gift) but it's hard to find this book so recommended if you're particularly keen to get your hands on it.

Iggy Peck, Architect
Iggy Peck, Architect
by Andrea Beaty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, especially for little boys., 13 Nov 2011
This review is from: Iggy Peck, Architect (Hardcover)
Despite my review heading I actually bought this for my Dad who's 65, and an architect, to read to my son. They both love it! The drawings are very sweet but intricate enough to hold the attention of little ones as they listen to the story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 9:46 PM BST

My Very First Book of Food
My Very First Book of Food
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little book., 13 Nov 2011
My son's too young to read (7 months) or really understand the concept but he loves the flip pages and the lovely illustrations and really enojys turning the pages and listening when I explain how the pictures go together. Good quality heavier paper too, I've ordered a few Eric Carle books and some of them are really flimsy.

Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol Conditioning Mask 500ml
Dark and Lovely Ultra Cholesterol Conditioning Mask 500ml
Offered by BeautySpires

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value deep conditioner., 13 Nov 2011
Super rich conditioner, I just put it on my ends or all over when I dye my hair. Excellent value, or at least it was when I bought it on special (for £2 something, I wish I'd bough more!).

Amscan International Favor Ping Pong Eyeball
Amscan International Favor Ping Pong Eyeball
Offered by Dazzle The Party Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Plastic eyeballs... yep., 13 Nov 2011
Pretty much is what is says on the can so to speak. Plastic eyeballs, good for Halloween, kids parties etc.

Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colour Paint Pad Gummed (16x12inch) (Pack of 1)
Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colour Paint Pad Gummed (16x12inch) (Pack of 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good student product., 13 Nov 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This is a good, basic product that would be suitable to students or rough, sketching style painting for artists not wanting to waste archival paper.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality., 13 Nov 2011
This product looks nice, and of course for the price you can't expect too much, but it was greasy and didn't blend at all. I've leasrned my lesson about false economy!

Page: 1 | 2