Profile for Andy le Pen > Reviews

Andy le Pen

PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio
PURE PocketDAB 1500, Rechargeable Personal DAB/FM Radio

4.0 out of 5 stars PURE DAB!, 30 Aug. 2012
Overall I like this product but there are good and bad elements that you need to be aware of if you are considering buying.
I use it in my car in combination with an FM transmitter - previously I had a battery powered DAB but this was heavy on battery use so I was looking for a rechargeable product and this fit the bill perfectly.
Also the other DAB didn't come through the transmiter very well - I had to turn the car radio up to full blast and there was quite a lot of static - with the PURE DAB I can keep the radio at the same level as when I listen to FM or cds and the level of static is much much lower.
It also has a Bass feature that improves the quality of the sound and is a really good feature.

The downside is that the reception of the PURE compared to my other DAB is lower - in the car reception comes and go on certain parts of my commute that it doesn't do with the other radio - I also have to lay it out on the passenger seat to maximise reception rather than tucked away with the cds - a bit inconvenient with a passenger in the car!

The battery life is good (so far) and overall I am happy with the product - perhaps in time DAB coverage will improve.

Submarine [Original Songs]
Submarine [Original Songs]

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 26 Jun. 2011
A nice collection of songs from the Monkey's front man - they go with the film of the same name which I've yet to see but has received good reviews. The songs are not as rocky as the usual monkey's style and are quite folky - a little too quiet to listen to in the car but a very pleasant way to pass 20 odd minutes.