Profile for Chris Andrews > Reviews

Chris Andrews "wolfman42"

Bytestor USB 2.0 Pen Drive 128MB
Bytestor USB 2.0 Pen Drive 128MB

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat!, 3 Feb. 2005
I am a student in Year 12 in an ever-modernising school, and so this little gadget comes in very handy. I saw everyone else in my ICT class seemed to have them, and were always banging on about how good they were. When several floppy disks finally gave up the ghost after carrying work to and from school a few times, I decided to buy this pen drive as a compromise between price and size - 128MB is enough for me at this stage. The stick is chunky for a pen drive, and so might not fit in every single USB port around, but my advice is to use the USB extension cable, which means you can have the drive around your neck on the strap provided, and plugged in. This eliminates the possiblity of leaving it behind, as happened to an unfortunate friend of mine. Overall, the stick has enough space for plenty of files (and a bit of music!) and is seriously easy to use. I have plugged it into my Win ME machine, my Win XP machine and countless machines running XP at school. The only query is: why split it up into 2 partitions? Sure, the security program provided to lock one of them may be useful to some, but for the rest of us? However, this little gadget is well-deserving of its 5-star rating.

Doctor Who - Lost in Time [DVD] [1963]
Doctor Who - Lost in Time [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ William Hartnell

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you want to see what Dr Who was like....., 27 Dec. 2004
Frankly, if you are a Doctor Who Fan, you will have made up your mind to buy this already. If you are a more casual viewer, you may have a problem with the "disjointed" episodes presented, i.e. you won't know what has happened in "The Daleks' Master Plan" other than the 3 out of 12 episodes presented here.
Personally, I think that it is definately worth it to make the effort to watch the episodes in this set, filling in the gaps with episode summaries found on the internet. There are several gems on the discs, particularly the single surviving episodes of "The Celestial Toymaker" and "The Web Of Fear". They show just how good black-and-white 60s fantasy drama could be.
If only more vintage Doctor Who still existed.